    old.

    --
    Michaelntalla

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbG50YWxsYQ==?=, Feb 1, 2006

  2. There are many HP printers that have drivers built in to the OS. My HP 1200
    works just fine, out of the box. Part of that, of course, is that I buy
    printers with compatibility in mind - my printers ALWAYS support both PCL
    and Postscript, and are always connected via TCP/IP. Makes me quite well
    protected against late driver delivery.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbG50YWxsYQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Add Brother which supports x64 well also. Canon doesn't. Has VERY little
    support. Epson and Lexmark are good.

    John Barnes, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Yep, I can print to the office Brothers very easily. OTOH, our Xantes, which
    cost 10X as much, still don't have drivers, nor are any about to appear
    according to their latest reply. I just don't get it...

    Dennis Gordon, Feb 1, 2006
  5. I have been testing a few evaluation printers for work and hp DOES have x64
    drivers for some of it's range. Some of the printers are HP LaserJet 2430DTN
    and the drivers are here
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=416419&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1026
    or LaserJet 4350 here
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=412160&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1026
    have had problems with some other makes but they all seem to be slowly
    filling the gaps on their current corporate and small office range.

    Carwyn.

    Carwyn Hollett, Feb 2, 2006
  6. "Michaelntalla" <> wrote in

    > I recently finished building my home computer and installed X64 as
    > the OS. I found out the hard way that my 3 year old HP Photosmart
    > 1000 printer did not have any drivers.
    >
    > FYI: HP does not have ANY X64 drivers for ANY of it's existing or
    > new printers and that also includes scanners. The info you get
    > from their site is a crude work around.

    I found my HP LaserJet 6L installed by the OS and working perfectly.

    I realize it's a VERY old printer but there is some native support in
    X64 for older printers.

    David R. Norton MVP, Feb 3, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbG50YWxsYQ==?=

    Gato Loco Guest

    Canon has actually picked up the ball on printer support. Other
    Drivers as well for that matter. I have a PIXMA IP5000 that now has
    drivers, as weell as a scanner. My Canon camera was working fine with
    all the 32 bit software allready.

    Really, the best route is go to the manufacturers site and see what
    they are offering.

    Cheers
    Gato Loco

    Gato Loco, Feb 6, 2006