    about this?

    Thanks
    , Dec 13, 2003

  2. Jerry G. Guest

    Look in the system properties, under My Computer, and see under hardware, if
    it does exist. If it does not or shows an error, you can work from there.

    Sometimes uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it should fix any problems
    with it. This goes for many of the external plug and play problems. I am
    using a cell phone connected to the computer for its database. I had to
    uninstall it a number of times.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    <> wrote in message
    When I connect my firewire cable to my computer from my Hollywood DV
    Bridge (which is in turn attached to a VCR) my operating system does
    not recognize and list the device. It used to make a beep and then
    list the device when I clicked My Computer but now it doesn't.

    Is it possible I have a corrupted driver file? If so, what do I do
    about this?

    Thanks
    Jerry G., Dec 14, 2003

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:39:30 -0500, "Jerry G." <>
    wrote:

    >Look in the system properties, under My Computer, and see under hardware, if
    >it does exist. If it does not or shows an error, you can work from there.
    >
    >Sometimes uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it should fix any problems
    >with it. This goes for many of the external plug and play problems. I am
    >using a cell phone connected to the computer for its database. I had to
    >uninstall it a number of times.

    I do not know what the "it" is that you are referring to since I do
    not know what driver this device uses. There is no driver software
    that came with it since Windows XP is supposed to have the driver
    built in.
    , Dec 14, 2003