    Messages:
    2
    Installing xp. After reboot it returns to setup, says installing windows. computer shuts off.

    smswadis, Nov 26, 2010

  2. smswadis

    smswadis

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Me first post disappeared so I made this one short to see if it would show up. Here is more info.
    Twins wanted to build computer with dad (the computer wizard, HA) for their eleventh birthday (TWO DAYS AGO). got a new asus board with a new sata cd drive, old hard drive. Reformatted and tried to install xp one three different hard drives using two different xp cd that have worked fine in the past. When it gets to the point were it reboots it usually will not and I have to turn it back on. from there I get to the installing windows screen. It acts like it is installing for about one minute and just turns off. I do not have a floppy.

    smswadis, Nov 26, 2010

  3. smswadis

    sbglobal2010

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Which 'any' key are you pressing? For some reason Return won't do it so it should say 'press any other key...

    sbglobal2010, Dec 15, 2010