    I'm wanting to format and install XP on my Maxtor 6 Y120MO SCSI drive but
    when it comes selecting the option to do a fresh install no HD is detected??

    Windows currently still boots fine

    Dave, May 12, 2004

    disgruntled yiddo, May 12, 2004

  3. Dave

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in

    > I'm wanting to format and install XP on my Maxtor 6 Y120MO SCSI drive
    > but when it comes selecting the option to do a fresh install no HD is
    > detected??

    It's a SCSI drive? What type of controller? Did you see the step in the
    setup process right near the beginning where it says "Press F6 to install
    3rd party SCSI or RAID drivers" down the bottom of the screen?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 12, 2004
  4. Dave

    bmoag Guest

    When you first install XP it specifically asks you for drivers for SCSI
    controllers. You need to obtain these and put them on a floppy, CD or on the
    hard drive where you can tell WinXP to find them.

    bmoag, May 12, 2004