    upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
    ideas?

    Thanks

    David Hoover, Jun 30, 2004

  2. David Hoover wrote:

    > My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked fine. I
    > upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
    > ideas?

    Install a driver?

    Sebastian

    Sebastian Hoehn, Jul 1, 2004

  3. David Hoover

    David Hoover Guest

    I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
    button on the start menu is gone.

    David

    David Hoover, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Hello David

    David Hoover wrote:
    > I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
    > button on the start menu is gone.

    That's right if there is not wireless adapter that button is gone. You
    should try to install the driver again. If that does not work you need
    to find out why. Feel free to ask, but you should give a little more
    information, what have you tried, do you have any error messages in the
    devce manager and so on. It is hard to help you if you just say, the
    adapter is gone.

    Sebastian Hoehn, Jul 1, 2004