    Please help before I kill someone.

    Thanks,

    Kenny

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk3ODI=?=, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Sorry now that I've calmed down a little they are recieving the cannot obtain
    domain controller name messages. I am also trying to get software to install
    among other things.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk3ODI=?=, Oct 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk3ODI=?=

    Dave Guest

    put away the gun... what is your problem? from what you have stated below
    you don't like something microsoft does or doesn't do, but you don't say
    what it is. all i can see as a possible problem is that 'these computer
    policies don't process'. what policies? what processing? what kind of a
    network, domain, workgroup?? what os, xp home or pro? and why does the type
    of nic affect the 'processing of policies'?

    Dave, Oct 27, 2005
  4. I'm sorry however after working on this for several days straight.... Anyway
    here you go

    Here someone elses post that explains it a little better:

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk3ODI=?=, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Just for the record, I'm nto one of these Microsoft haters. I actually like
    Microsoft and there products, especially Windows XP. Hell, I manage a
    microsoft network for a living.

    However I recently went through some group policy hell due to some other XP
    bugs on my 2003 domain which I worked with Microsoft after a month long
    support case. So I'm just not in the best of moods with XP, and I know you
    don't want to here baout this I just don't want to give anyone the wrong
    impression.

    Kenny

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk3ODI=?=, Oct 27, 2005
  6. "Kenny782" <> wrote in message
    > Just for the record, I'm nto one of these Microsoft haters. I actually
    > like
    > Microsoft and there products, especially Windows XP. Hell, I manage a
    > microsoft network for a living.
    >
    > However I recently went through some group policy hell due to some other
    > XP
    > bugs on my 2003 domain which I worked with Microsoft after a month long
    > support case. So I'm just not in the best of moods with XP, and I know you
    > don't want to here baout this I just don't want to give anyone the wrong
    > impression.
    >
    > Kenny

    Back to your original problem. Have you investigated breaking the number of
    desktops into numbers of anywhere up to 10 per workgroup and smart bridging
    (with a physical rather than software smart bridge) them? That would reduce
    chatter to the server if each workgroup works within it's own area until
    need arises to go outside of it and thus make it more likely that a response
    would come back.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 27, 2005