XP will not let me open a new Access file - Help please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    >| Win XP pro and Office XP
    >|
    >| I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try to
    >| open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message
    >|
    >| Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup administration
    >| file. I am the administrator and there is plenty of room on the HD.
    >|
    >| This seems to have started since I installed net framework but that
    >| may be a coincidence.
    >|
    >| How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the file to
    >| be created.
    >|
    >| John

    Just guessing, but I'd try running Access's workgroup administrator
    program...

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Toolman Tim

    Boomer Guest

    John <> wrote:

    > Win XP pro and Office XP
    >
    > I used to be able to use Access on my system but now when I try
    > to open a file ot crerate a new data base I get an error message
    >
    > Workgroup administrator could not create a workgroup
    > administration file. I am the administrator and there is plenty
    > of room on the HD.
    >
    > This seems to have started since I installed net framework but
    > that may be a coincidence.
    >
    > How can I give myself the necessary permissions to allow the
    > file to be created.
    >
    > John

    Do you have permission to use the domain 'world.com' in your address?
    Just curious.

    Boomer, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Toolman Tim

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Fix your clock.

    pcbutts1, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Toolman Tim

    Boomer Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote:

    > Fix your clock.

    If he's an NTL customer, it's not his fault.

    It seems that NTL has a problem with the news server and the time
    settings, if I've read some of the messages here correctly.

    John, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Toolman Tim

    John Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:01:15 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    wrote:

    >Fix your clock.

    The clock on my PC is accurate to 5 seconds. Can't fix it much better
    than that.

    John

    John, Jul 5, 2004