    actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    most customers have," Nash said.

    Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 2, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jack Spratt Guest

    news:gtgtsi$kd8$...
    > <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132367&intsrc=news_list>:
    >
    > "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
    > actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    > most customers have," Nash said.
    >
    > Really?? When was that _ever_ true?

    If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your hobby
    business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find something to
    do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7
    Jack Spratt, May 2, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

    > If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for
    > your hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you
    > may find something to do with your life rather that usenetting
    > 24/7

    Or, he could post appropriately to the proper NGs (I wish he would).
    Most of his posts belong in "advocacy" NGs.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, May 2, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    J Brockley Guest

    "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132367&intsrc=news_list>:
    >>
    >> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
    >> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    >> most customers have," Nash said.
    >>
    >> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
    >>

    > If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your
    > hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find
    > something to do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7

    He's probably missed that boat, Vista perhaps provided a window of
    opportunity while Windows 7 looks like it may close it again.
    J Brockley, May 2, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-05-02, J Brockley <> wrote:

    > "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132367&intsrc=news_list>:
    >>>
    >>> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
    >>> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    >>> most customers have," Nash said.
    >>>
    >>> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
    >>>

    >> If you spent more time on trying to find some linux customers for your
    >> hobby business rather than bagging Windows non-stop then you may find
    >> something to do with your life rather that usenetting 24/7

    > He's probably missed that boat, Vista perhaps provided a window of
    > opportunity while Windows 7 looks like it may close it again.

    Which window
    Gordon, May 3, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-05-02, Bobs <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132367&intsrc=news_list>:
    >>
    >> "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
    >> actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    >> most customers have," Nash said.
    >>
    >> Really?? When was that _ever_ true?
    >>

    > Windows 2000 ran better than Windows ME.

    As does 98
    Gordon, May 3, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    AD. Guest

    On May 2, 8:43 pm, Bobs <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBas...>:

    > >     "It's been a long time since we've had a version of Windows that will
    > >     actually run better [than the previous version] on the hardware that
    > >     most customers have," Nash said.

    > > Really?? When was that _ever_ true?

    > Windows 2000 ran better than Windows ME.

    That doesn't fit for two reasons:

    a) Windows 2000 was released before Windows ME

    b) Windows 2000's previous version was NT4. Although you could
    probably argue that the W2K to NT4 comparison fits.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., May 3, 2009