    This would be easy, you just need to login to the xtra enquiry page, and
    scrape the amount off the screen.

    Or, does telecom already offer something like this?

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jan 4, 2006

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    Craig Shore Guest

    http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/

    Craig Shore, Jan 4, 2006

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jan 4, 2006
  4. "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:40:23 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>An interesting project for someone :
    >>
    >>Write a konfabulator widget to display the current jetstream mb used
    >>amount.
    >>This could update once each hour.
    >>
    >>This would be easy, you just need to login to the xtra enquiry page, and
    >>scrape the amount off the screen.
    >>
    >>Or, does telecom already offer something like this?

    > http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/

    I cannot get this to work -

    I've tried logging in using both the jetstream ppp userid and password, and,
    using my xtra email user id and password.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jan 4, 2006
  5. news.xtra.co.nz

    Steven H Guest

    Hello news.xtra.co.nz,

    or even better write a little 'rss provider' service that sits on your computer
    and dumps xml to any client requesting it. you could then set up a client
    to poll your 'rss broadband tool' every say.... hour and display the info
    mabye as a desktop object (have a graph object on the desktop that gets updated
    with your infomation).

    i just wish 'broadband providers' provided a webservice that lets me pump
    in a username / password and request infomation - get rid of the entire screen-scrape
    step which will eventually be the demise of the whole system.

    btw, wtf is a konfabulator widget ?

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek

    Steven H, Jan 4, 2006
  6. "Steven H" <> wrote in message
    > Hello news.xtra.co.nz,
    >
    > or even better write a little 'rss provider' service that sits on your
    > computer and dumps xml to any client requesting it. you could then set up
    > a client to poll your 'rss broadband tool' every say.... hour and display
    > the info mabye as a desktop object (have a graph object on the desktop
    > that gets updated with your infomation).
    >
    > i just wish 'broadband providers' provided a webservice that lets me pump
    > in a username / password and request infomation - get rid of the entire
    > screen-scrape step which will eventually be the demise of the whole
    > system.
    >
    > btw, wtf is a konfabulator widget ?
    >
    > ----------------
    > Steven H
    >
    > the madGeek
    >
    >> An interesting project for someone :
    >>
    >> Write a konfabulator widget to display the current jetstream mb used
    >> amount. This could update once each hour.
    >>
    >> This would be easy, you just need to login to the xtra enquiry page,
    >> and scrape the amount off the screen.
    >>
    >> Or, does telecom already offer something like this?

    type konfabulator into google....they are little utilities which display on
    your desktop, such as clocks/calendars/rss feeds / weather /cpu usage/
    memory usage etc. Anyone can develop a widget.

    You can set the widgets to be transparent so they don't interfere so much
    with your desktop. I like them anyway. Although , yahoo just bought them
    out, and, i don't like the direction yahoo is going with them.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jan 4, 2006
  7. news.xtra.co.nz

    Geoff M Guest

    Geoff M, Jan 7, 2006