    aren't going to make special drivers for products distributed in 1998...

    Thanks!!!

    -largeone59

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFyZ2VvbmU1OQ==?=, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Well, just put off those plans to put XP Professional x64 on your P II
    running 98, that hardware architecture is old. Windows x64 requires that you
    processor is 64 bit. XP does not create drivers for your devices, it comes
    with a set of signed drivers that supports certain hardware, some times you
    might need to update the driver to for it to be fully supported. XP Pro x64
    require that all your devices be 64-bit native. Unfortunately a majority of
    the existing 32-bit devices out their don't have drivers but will over time.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 1, 2006

  3. For those devices that have drivers built in to the OS, XP x64 Edition works
    exactly the same as XP 32-bit. Where there aren't drivers, you're at the
    mercy of the vendor. But all that is irrelevent to your case.

    XP x64 Edition is a 64-bit operating system. It requires 64-bit HARDWARE to
    support it. Period. Your Pentium II is not 64-bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 1, 2006