    I and i have asked on the Dell forums but there is enough people that use 64
    bit that can tell me.
    Thanks

    jerryw4386, Dec 4, 2007

  2. jerryw4386

    S.SubZero Guest

    It's possible Dell has no BIOS installer that works in 64-bit
    Windows. They may just not have one programmed.

    In this case, they should have some sort of alternate option, like
    making a CD with the update on it. Intel offers their BIOS updates on
    bootable CD ISOs that don't care what OS you have on your hard drive.

    S.SubZero, Dec 4, 2007

  3. Most motherboard mfgs have now got 64-bit flash utilities. Dell appears to
    have an executable version that can be run from DOS, so all you need to do
    is make a DOS boot disk. To create a bootable DOS disk, put a clean, fresh
    floppy in the floppy drive, right click, select Format, and at the format
    screen, check the "Create an MS-DOS startup disk" option.

    If your computer doesn't have a floppy drive, you'll need to create a
    bootable CD. For instructions with that, try one of the following:

    http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
    http://www.allbootdisks.com/cd_creation.html
    http://www.bootdisk.com/nero.htm

    Any of them should work.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 4, 2007
  4. jerryw4386

    jerryw4386 Guest

    Hi All
    Thanks for your help the computer i have only has windows bios updater
    and it will not update the bios in Vista Business 64 so i will put the Dell
    OEM hard drive that has Vista HP 32 back in and update the bios from there.
    And thank you Charlie for the links i am sure they will come in handy for
    future
    use when someone ask the same questions !!
    Again Thanks All for your help !!
    See Yea !

    jerryw4386, Dec 4, 2007
  5. jerryw4386

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Dec 4, 2007
  6. Well, at least Acer has an option to create a bootable floppy with the BIOS
    utility on it, as I recall. Darn Dell site doesn't. And for some machines,
    doesn't list a DOS executable at all.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64