    Thanks in advance.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com
    Steve Freides, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Steve Freides

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:52:51 -0500, "Steve Freides"
    <> wrote:

    >Celeron 900MHz
    >256 M Ram
    >20GB Hard Disk w/ 6 Gb used, 14 Gb free
    >
    >I've heard of slower machines being upgraded to XP - do you think it would
    >be OK for this one? It runs standard office applications but it also
    >handles the output of our digital video camera using Pinnacle Studio.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >-S-
    >http://www.kbnj.com

    Your memory is a bit low and your drive could be bigger, but it will
    run quite happliy. Try it. :))
    EricP, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Steve Freides

    Billh Guest

    Sure your computer will do fine. A friend is running it on a Celeron 600.
    The worry is incompatible hardware and software. I had to upgrade my
    antivirus and cd burning software and my scanner before I could upgrade to
    XP. On the XP cd if you run it under windows the menu offers to check your
    computer for issues. At the time XP came out two years ago there was a 50
    meg file you could get from MS that did the same thing if you want to know
    before you buy the cd.

    Billh, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Steve Freides

    philo Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    > Celeron 900MHz
    > 256 M Ram
    > 20GB Hard Disk w/ 6 Gb used, 14 Gb free
    >
    > I've heard of slower machines being upgraded to XP - do you think it would
    > be OK for this one? It runs standard office applications but it also
    > handles the output of our digital video camera using Pinnacle Studio.

    Although it was slow...
    i did a test install of XP on a machine with only half those specs...you
    should
    be OK...
    just note...clean installs generally turn out better than upgrades.
    philo, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Steve Freides

    nemo Guest

    I have win2k and winxp as dual boot on a 400MHz 196MB ram (max) and
    30GB HD and it runs fine, although win2k is my preferred os.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Dec 1, 2003
  6. CRAP ARD DRIVE
    "nemo" <> wrote in message
    > I have win2k and winxp as dual boot on a 400MHz 196MB ram (max) and
    > 30GB HD and it runs fine, although win2k is my preferred os.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > nemo
    >
    > On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:52:51 -0500, "Steve Freides"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Celeron 900MHz
    > >256 M Ram
    > >20GB Hard Disk w/ 6 Gb used, 14 Gb free
    > >
    > >I've heard of slower machines being upgraded to XP - do you think it

    would
    > >be OK for this one? It runs standard office applications but it also
    > >handles the output of our digital video camera using Pinnacle Studio.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > >-S-
    > >http://www.kbnj.com

    News==----