    Can anyone advise what to do?

    Regards
    Paul.
    PC, Oct 15, 2005

  2. PC

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:45:55 +1300, "PC" <> wrote:

    >Greetings all
    >
    >I have a Brother Ptouch QL-550 label printer attached to my XP Pro SP2
    >machine.
    >Windows update tells me there is an update available for it and it is
    >downloaded & ready to go.
    >
    >Problem: it always fails to install with the Error Code: 0x80070020.
    >As suggested by KB883825 I have disabled (in fact uninstalled) my Anti Virus
    >but the install still fails.
    >
    >I have not been able to find the update in Update Catalog and don't know
    >where the downloaded update is 'hidden' in order to try installing it in
    >safe mode.
    >
    >Can anyone advise what to do?
    >
    >Regards
    >Paul.

    Get the Real Update not the MS one as most of the time that are Old..
    XP, Oct 15, 2005

  3. PC wrote:
    > Greetings all
    >
    > I have a Brother Ptouch QL-550 label printer attached to my XP Pro SP2
    > machine.
    > Windows update tells me there is an update available for it and it is
    > downloaded & ready to go.
    >
    > Problem: it always fails to install with the Error Code: 0x80070020.
    > As suggested by KB883825 I have disabled (in fact uninstalled) my Anti Virus
    > but the install still fails.
    >
    > I have not been able to find the update in Update Catalog and don't know
    > where the downloaded update is 'hidden' in order to try installing it in
    > safe mode.
    >
    > Can anyone advise what to do?

    If its not broken don't fix it
    or grab the one from Brother
    http://solutions.brother.com/bsc_ph/ql550euk/dl_body/uk/ql552kxp_55drv.htm
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 15, 2005
  4. PC

    PC Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > PC wrote:
    >> Greetings all
    >>
    >> I have a Brother Ptouch QL-550 label printer attached to my XP Pro SP2
    >> machine.
    >> Windows update tells me there is an update available for it and it is
    >> downloaded & ready to go.
    >>
    >> Problem: it always fails to install with the Error Code: 0x80070020.
    >> As suggested by KB883825 I have disabled (in fact uninstalled) my Anti
    >> Virus but the install still fails.
    >>
    >> I have not been able to find the update in Update Catalog and don't know
    >> where the downloaded update is 'hidden' in order to try installing it in
    >> safe mode.
    >>
    >> Can anyone advise what to do?

    > If its not broken don't fix it
    > or grab the one from Brother
    > http://solutions.brother.com/bsc_ph/ql550euk/dl_body/uk/ql552kxp_55drv.htm

    Thanks Nathan, but I already have that one installed (Jan 14 05).
    Win Update says their one is 26 May 05.

    The reason I'm interested is because 'Word' pops up a security warning
    saying the Macro(s) associated with the Ptouch has an expired Certificate.
    Setting Macro security to 'Low' eliminates the warning but not unnaturally I
    would like to return to Medium security without the Security Warning poping
    up every time, hence the desire to get the updated driver.

    As for signing my own certificate etc.............(big dark
    hole.....................)!

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Oct 15, 2005
  5. PC

    PC Guest

    Fixed (sorta): was XP update problem

    "PC" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings all
    >
    > I have a Brother Ptouch QL-550 label printer attached to my XP Pro SP2
    > machine.
    > Windows update tells me there is an update available for it and it is
    > downloaded & ready to go.
    >
    > Problem: it always fails to install with the Error Code: 0x80070020.
    > As suggested by KB883825 I have disabled (in fact uninstalled) my Anti
    > Virus but the install still fails.
    >
    > I have not been able to find the update in Update Catalog and don't know
    > where the downloaded update is 'hidden' in order to try installing it in
    > safe mode.
    >
    > Can anyone advise what to do?
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul.

    Found a page on Brothers website with reference to the Digital Certificate
    problem.
    Fixed that, well sorta, it wasn't a new certificate as such but I could tick
    the Trust ... box which was greyed out before.

    Still can't install the Windows update patch so have 'hidden' it.

    Would still like to know where Update stores it's downloaded update files
    though.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Oct 15, 2005