    update or if the restoration failed. Sorry if this is jumbled but I have
    been up all night. Thanks.

    --
    Jack, Dec 13, 2010

  2. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    news:zVlNo.16204$2...
    > XP SP3, currently updated.
    >
    > Had cause to use System Restore from safe mode to return to a recent
    > previous configuration and on reboot SR gave the confirmation page and
    > desktop files created after the restore point were shifted to top right
    > which indicates the restore worked but there is no 'Undo my last
    > restoration' bullet on the opening SR sheet and there is no sign of the
    > restoration in the subsequent calender view. I have not made a restoration
    > in years and am not sure if the undo bullet idea was removed from SR in an
    > update or if the restoration failed. Sorry if this is jumbled but I have
    > been up all night. Thanks.

    Just restored again but not from Safe Mode and this time there is an undo
    bullet - the absence is possibly something peculiar to Safe Mode. As an
    added bonus and maybe due to the ?incomplete restore the machine hung on
    reboot immediately on top of the second restore and I thought I bricked my
    system but the SR confirmation popped up after a hard boot.
    And I meant top left ofcourse in the above not 'top right'.

    Jack, Dec 13, 2010