    The error is drive not ready

    Any info on how to make this go away

    Thanks
    JF, Apr 14, 2009

  2. JF

    sandy58 Guest

    On Apr 14, 10:21 am, JF <> wrote:
    > Windows XP is trying to access A: on shutdown, even though I don't have
    > an A: drive.
    >
    > The error is drive not ready
    >
    > Any info on how to make this go away
    >
    > Thanks

    Reset boot sequence in BIOS.
    sandy58, Apr 14, 2009

  3. JF

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:21:59 +0100, JF <> wrote:

    >Windows XP is trying to access A: on shutdown, even though I don't have
    >an A: drive.
    >
    >The error is drive not ready
    >
    >Any info on how to make this go away

    Do you have some firewall configured to access floppy drives upon
    shutdown?
    Evan Platt, Apr 14, 2009
  4. JF

    RickMerrill Guest

    JF wrote:
    > Windows XP is trying to access A: on shutdown, even though I don't have
    > an A: drive.
    >
    > The error is drive not ready
    >
    > Any info on how to make this go away
    >
    > Thanks

    AV?
    RickMerrill, Apr 14, 2009
  5. JF

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:51:44 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >Do you have some firewall configured to access floppy drives upon
    >shutdown?

    Errr or Antivirus. Too early in the morning for me.
    Evan Platt, Apr 14, 2009
  6. JF

    Jordon Guest

    JF wrote:
    > Windows XP is trying to access A: on shutdown, even though I don't have
    > an A: drive.
    >
    > The error is drive not ready
    >
    > Any info on how to make this go away

    Got a Norton product and a thumb drive?

    I've got a couple PC's that don't have floppies with Norton
    AV Corporate Edition. If there's a flash drive attached, NAV
    complains at shutdown that there's something in A:

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, Apr 14, 2009
  7. JF

    philo Guest

    JF wrote:
    > Windows XP is trying to access A: on shutdown, even though I don't have
    > an A: drive.
    >
    > The error is drive not ready
    >
    > Any info on how to make this go away
    >
    > Thanks

    have a look in the bios

    if the A: drive is enabled there, disable it
    philo, Apr 15, 2009