    I dont ask for much really do I?

    I have googled for it, but all I found was references to "Windows Blinds"
    which I dont want(had a bad experience with it on a friends computer)

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    KS Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can
    > get a grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out,
    > and leave it a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >
    > I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just
    > free.

    http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff. And some horribly disgusting
    flouro 70's style crap.Hmm, Woger you reading this ?!

    KS, Oct 14, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:22:53 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can get a
    >grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out, and leave it
    >a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >
    >I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just free.
    >
    >I dont ask for much really do I?
    >
    >I have googled for it, but all I found was references to "Windows Blinds"
    >which I dont want(had a bad experience with it on a friends computer)

    Sentinel Theme.

    This one is GREAT, but there are many beta versions floating around..

    If you can't find it I can mail it or post it on Kazaa, its a 4.6 meg zip
    file sentinel_b1.zip

    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8482

    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6738

    The Links are now dead..

    You also need to replace the uxtheme.dll, and their are 2 versions depending
    if you have SP1.

    Sentinel B-1

    Comments:

    - The main visual style is just about complete, still need to do vertical
    taskbar, logonUI, cursors, shell32 animations and icons
    - There are 14 color schemes most of them are based on a light color but a
    few, namely 'Black2', and 'Graphite' are very dark, great at night but I don't
    recommend using them for too long...it'll affect your mood =)
    - Some of the color schemes from the MMD3 Winamp3 skin match some of these
    color schemes really well
    - All the images have been optimized so don't worry about performance
    - If you want to host this theme on other sites, let me know BEFORE you do and
    please include this readme.txt

    Installation:

    - Install StyleXP or uxtheme.dll patch both available at www.tgtsoft.com
    - Install font 'Bank Gothic Medium BT' (included)

    ** I had to split the .msstyle into two cos my StyleBuilder compiles a max of
    10 color schemes per .msstyle file.

    There are two ways to run it,

    1- You can extract everything to a folder and go double-clicking all the
    ..msstyle files and manualy change the color schemes and matching wallpapers or
    you can

    2 - Extract all the .theme files and 'Sentinel_A' and 'Sentinel_B' folders to
    your %WINDIR%\Resources\themes\ folder and select the color schemes from
    Display Properties, this way is quicker but it takes up a lot of space on your
    themes list and you'll most probably loose your cursor, screensaver and the
    default desktop icon settings

    Warning!
    - Use Normal Size fonts
    - DO NOT use large icons in the quick launch area
    - Use ClearType font smoothing, otherwise titlebar fonts look blocky
    - Disable the 'Address' Toolbar from your taskbar cos it throws it off sync
    when you're using multiple-line taskbars.
    - Disable the 'Language Bar' from the taskbar (ugly)
    - No vertical taskbar yet! (next release).
    - The rollover text is almost invisible in the "New" context menu and in
    History/Favorites panels of IE
    - Titlebar text overlaps titlebar image in 'some' small windows and image
    becomes distorted and looks like ass in extremely small windows.

    Changes since last version (Alpha 5):
    - Added Black & Black2 color schemes + edited Deviant a tad
    - Shellstyles!
    - Minor changes to some other parts

    I really hope you enjoy it! Please contact me with your opinions, suggestions
    and bug reports.

    If you are willling and able, any donations would be greatly appreciated! -
    Paypal.com ->

    ChaNinja
    (Email : )
    © 2002

    Paul Mathews, Oct 14, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:22:53 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can get a
    >grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out, and leave it
    >a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >
    >I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just free.
    >
    >I dont ask for much really do I?
    >
    >I have googled for it, but all I found was references to "Windows Blinds"
    >which I dont want(had a bad experience with it on a friends computer)

    This site has the uxtheme.dll patched versions..

    http://www.softpedia.com/

    Just to a search for uxtheme

    Paul Mathews, Oct 14, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "KS" wrote
    > > I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just
    > > free.

    > http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff.

    sweet... thanks, I have found a few that I want.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:54:14 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >T.N.O. wrote:
    >> ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can
    >> get a grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out,
    >> and leave it a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >>
    >> I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just
    >> free.

    >http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff. And some horribly disgusting
    >flouro 70's style crap.Hmm, Woger you reading this ?!

    Yes but I use Sentinel with the Sentinel MAGNA theme..

    Paul Mathews, Oct 14, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    Enkidu Guest

    wrote:

    >T.N.O. wrote:
    >> ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can
    >> get a grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out,
    >> and leave it a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >>
    >> I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just
    >> free.

    >http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff. And some horribly disgusting
    >flouro 70's style crap.Hmm, Woger you reading this ?!

    You mean fluoro?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Oct 14, 2003
  8. T.N.O.

    PseUDO Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can get a
    > grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out, and leave it
    > a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >
    > I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just free.
    >
    > I dont ask for much really do I?
    >
    > I have googled for it, but all I found was references to "Windows Blinds"
    > which I dont want(had a bad experience with it on a friends computer)

    How about this one, my current windows XP desktop with maxlist theme.

    http://image.amik.biz/upload/desktop456.jpg

    picture is only here for 5 days!.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Oct 14, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "PseUDO" wrote
    > How about this one, my current windows XP desktop with maxlist theme.
    > http://image.amik.biz/upload/desktop456.jpg
    > picture is only here for 5 days!.

    yup, I want it, I dont really care for the back ground image(cool as it is),
    but it is what I want.
    Could you email it to me please...

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    KS Guest

    >> http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff. And some horribly
    >> disgusting flouro 70's style crap.Hmm, Woger you reading this ?!

    > You mean fluoro?

    Errr, yes. Of course flouro is the colour scheme chefs prefer to use.

    KS, Oct 14, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    Worm Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can get a
    > grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out, and leave

    it
    > a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    >
    > I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just free.

    Funny how we've got all these fandangled colour monitors etc, and you just
    wanna go back to the "Olden days" :D

    Worm

    Worm, Oct 14, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    PseUDO Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > "PseUDO" wrote
    >
    >>How about this one, my current windows XP desktop with maxlist theme.
    >>http://image.amik.biz/upload/desktop456.jpg
    >>picture is only here for 5 days!.

    > yup, I want it, I dont really care for the back ground image(cool as it is),
    > but it is what I want.
    > Could you email it to me please...

    Theme is called Maxlist and can be downloaded here

    http://hometown.aol.co.uk/monidhariwal/Maxlist.exe
    and it's 392kb in size.

    As others have mentioned you will need the theme patcher for XP from
    here http://www.lightstar1.com/themes.php

    Icons are MM icons from here http://www.mmicons.com/

    and you'll need a programme like Icon Packager to replace your Icons.

    Wallpaper is from here http://www.shanerichards.com/home.htm

    Cheers
    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Oct 14, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Worm" wrote
    > Funny how we've got all these fandangled colour monitors etc, and you just
    > wanna go back to the "Olden days" :D

    Im getting old.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    PapaPump Guest

    "Paul Mathews" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:22:53 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    > >ok, this is going to sound weird... but does anyone know where I can get

    > >grey scale theme for XP pro... like when you choose to log out, and leave

    it
    > >a we while, it all goes greyscale.
    > >
    > >I want this, but I want it for free, no shareware, no spyware, just free.
    > >
    > >I dont ask for much really do I?
    > >
    > >I have googled for it, but all I found was references to "Windows Blinds"
    > >which I dont want(had a bad experience with it on a friends computer)
    > >

    > This site has the uxtheme.dll patched versions..
    >
    > http://www.softpedia.com/
    >
    > Just to a search for uxtheme

    What a terrible site that softpedia is. How could anyone get anything from
    it. All links go round in circles.

    PapaPump

    PapaPump, Oct 14, 2003
  15. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "PapaPump" wrote
    > > This site has the uxtheme.dll patched versions..
    > > http://www.softpedia.com/

    > What a terrible site that softpedia is. How could anyone get anything from
    > it. All links go round in circles.

    Thats what I found, I downloaded it from there, but I could't get it to
    work.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  16. T.N.O.

    PapaPump Guest

    PapaPump, Oct 14, 2003
  17. T.N.O.

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:11:41 +1300, "KS" <>
    wrote:

    >>> http://www.themexp.org/ have some nice stuff. And some horribly
    >>> disgusting flouro 70's style crap.Hmm, Woger you reading this ?!

    >> You mean fluoro?

    >Errr, yes. Of course flouro is the colour scheme chefs prefer to use.

    Yeah, it bit pasty for my taste.

    Enkidu, Oct 16, 2003
  18. T.N.O.

    KS Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    >>> You mean fluoro?

    >> Errr, yes. Of course flouro is the colour scheme chefs prefer to use.
    >>

    > Yeah, it bit pasty for my taste.

    hahahahahahaha

    KS, Oct 16, 2003
  19. T.N.O.

    KS Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    >>> You mean fluoro?

    >> Errr, yes. Of course flouro is the colour scheme chefs prefer to use.
    >>

    > Yeah, it bit pasty for my taste.

    Dough ! a la Homer Simpson

    KS, Oct 16, 2003