    windwos 98? Any advice would be very helpful. If you want to relpy to me
    directly please send to
    thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?cnVubGlrZWRvZGdl?=, Nov 11, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cnVubGlrZWRvZGdl?=

    Malke Guest

    runlikedodge wrote:

    > Am I headed for truouble if try to wireless network from my xphome
    > edition to windwos 98? Any advice would be very helpful. If you want
    > to relpy to me directly please send to

    Don't post your real, unmunged email address in Usenet or messageboard
    postings. You'll get lots more spam and viruses.

    Please post back to this thread and better explain what you are try to
    do. What is your current network setup? Is the Win98 box a desktop and
    wired to a router or directly to a cable/dsl modem? Is the WinXP box a
    laptop or desktop that you wish to add to the network wirelessly?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Nov 11, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cnVubGlrZWRvZGdl?=

    Stranger Guest

    runlikedodge wrote:
    > Am I headed for truouble if try to wireless network from my xphome edition to
    > windwos 98? Any advice would be very helpful. If you want to relpy to me
    > directly please send to
    > thanks

    As far as I can tell from the limited info in your original post--no
    problem. I'm doing that very thing.

    I run a desktop with W98FE wired to a Netgear WGR614. My HP laptop is
    running XP Home SP1, connecting wireless thru the router. I share files
    between the computers.

    About the only thing that is an obstacle is the difference in
    terminology, configuration, etc. Each OS calls various features and
    components different things--sometimes get a bit confusing.

    Just be sure and set up your security if you plan to enable sharing.

    Stranger
    Stranger, Nov 11, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cnVubGlrZWRvZGdl?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Since there is No info. I will try to give you the common short answers.

    Are trying to connect two computers with No Internet involvement?

    If so, get two Wireless cards read the manual and configure them to Ad-Hoc
    connection.

    If you would like to share Internet, what is your Internet source?

    If your source it is a Broadband connection (Cable or DSL) get a Wireless
    Cable/DSL Router, and two Wireless Cards and read the manual.

    No matter what, you would have to configure Windows Network.

    Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network
    Settings, and Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

    If you need to know more about Regular Wireless:

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 12, 2004

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVubGlrZWRvZGdl?=, Nov 20, 2004