    Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.

    Thanks
    Jack

    Jack, May 20, 2010

  2. Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into your
    wallpaper.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 20, 2010

  3. When I right click on a picture there is an option to Set as Desktop
    Background... and that's what I select when I want that as my desktop
    wallpaper.

    Bobby Johnson, May 20, 2010
  4. I forgot to address the Sleep Mode. You go into the Control Panel and
    open the Power Options and then customize the setting within.

    Bobby Johnson, May 20, 2010
  5. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
    anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy of
    windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste on-line,,,
    just in windows desktop.

    Jack, May 20, 2010
  6. Instead of trying to figure out how to accomplish tasks with a crippled
    system, why don't you re-install the OS?

    On 2010-05-20 16:13, Jack wrote:
    > I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
    > anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full
    > copy of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste
    > on-line,,, just in windows desktop.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    > message news:e8I0roE#...
    >> Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into
    >> your wallpaper.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
    >>

    >> "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
    >>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
    >>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
    >>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
    >>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
    >>>
    >>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Jack

    Bobby Johnson, May 20, 2010
  7. I'm with Bobby on this. Something is seriously wrong with your system, and I
    think I would start by doing a _clean_ install.

    --

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
    >anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy
    >of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste on-line,,,
    >just in windows desktop.

    >> Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into your
    >> wallpaper.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
    >>

    >> "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
    >>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
    >>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
    >>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
    >>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
    >>>
    >>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Jack

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 20, 2010
  8. "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
    > anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy
    > of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste
    > on-line,,, just in windows desktop.

    So you're still getting your "blue arrow" when you make a selection in IE?
    I thought you had found that No Add-ons mode avoided the symptom? So, then
    the next step is to find the add-on which when disabled in normal mode also
    avoids the symptom.

    Good luck

    Robert
    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, May 21, 2010
  9. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks... After
    I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again. Is there
    a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.

    Jack, May 24, 2010
  10. I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
    microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
    Operating Systems related problems?

    It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
    hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
    different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen
    anything like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with Win
    7 and there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.

    You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
    outdated hardware and/or BIOS.

    Bobby Johnson, May 24, 2010
  11. Jack

    Jack Guest

    This is the whole system I just built.

    Case: XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower

    M/B: GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Denab 2.8ghz Socket AM3 95w Quad Core

    Video Card: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 1gb 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0
    x 16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support

    Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500w ATX12V v2.3 80 Plus

    Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2gb) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666)

    5 Hard Drives all W.D. 3 Raptors,, 1 80g and 1 W.D. 1tb

    Plus Windows 7 Pro. 64

    Software I installed before the Windows Updates didn't seem to effect
    anything. It could be the drivers for my Wireless Network Card.
    Can I roll back the system to a earlier date like XP?

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
    > microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
    > Operating Systems related problems?
    >
    > It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
    > hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
    > different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen anything
    > like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with Win 7 and
    > there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.
    >
    > You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
    > outdated hardware and/or BIOS.
    >

    > On 2010-05-24 16:30, Jack wrote:
    >> I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks...
    >> After I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again.
    >> Is there a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.
    >>
    >> "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
    >>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
    >>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
    >>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
    >>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
    >>>
    >>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Jack

    Jack, May 25, 2010
  12. Win 7 has restore points to rollback the system to and you can look at
    the update history and select individual updates to remove. To rollback
    drivers you go into the device manager and the option is in there for
    each device.

    Bobby Johnson, May 25, 2010
  13. Shall I presume that you do not have the mouse plugged in to one of the
    USB 3.0 receptacles?

    What wireless card are you using?

    Have you updated the BIOS to version F3?

    Since this board is less than 6 months old, I suggest you contact
    Gigabyte Tech Support if you can't resolve the problem. You may have a
    defective motherboard.

    Whatever the problem is, it is not Windows 7 causing the problem. I am
    currently on a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P which is essentially the same
    board using DDR3 instead of DDR2.

    Bobby Johnson, May 25, 2010
  14. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I Reinstalled everything one at a time and found out it was my Super Ad
    Blocker Pro that I bought a few years ago and works awesome on all O/S but
    win 7 .
    Thanks for all your help.

    Jack, May 26, 2010