    when they have been there for a while and if there is any way i can get XP
    to realise this?

    Thanks for any help
    Costanza, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Costanza

    Rifleman Guest

    "Costanza" <> wrote in message
    news:c0ilra$a98$...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have installed Windows XP and for some reason it seems obsessed with
    > telling me when i click on the Start button by the 'All Programs' item

    that
    > 'new programs have been installed'
    >
    > The progrmas have been installed for a copule of weeks and it always
    > highlights the same ones - Adobe Acrobat, ASUS Utility (for my mobo), PCI
    > Audio Applications and Sppedtouch USB (my modem).
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why it keeps saying these are newly installed programs
    > when they have been there for a while and if there is any way i can get XP
    > to realise this?
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Right-Click on Start, go to Properties, click on Start menu Tab, click on
    Customize, go to the Advanced Tab and uncheck "Highlight newly installed
    programs"
    Rifleman, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Costanza

    Tim Guest

    Costanza wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me why it keeps saying these are newly installed
    > programs when they have been there for a while and if there is any
    > way i can get XP to realise this?

    Right click on the start button > properties > start menu tab >
    customize > advanced tab... untick "Highlight newly installed
    programs"
    Tim, Feb 13, 2004