  1. Barry

    Barry Guest

    How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

    Barry, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Barry

    Kay Guest

    > How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

    Drap and Drop it to the taskbar required

    Kay, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Drag and drop the shortcut of the program you want into the quick lauch
    area.

    Mr.SlippyFist, Dec 29, 2003
  4. On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <>
    wrote:

    >How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

    Here's how I do it.

    go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
    ..exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.

    you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    first, not sure.

    PowerPost2000, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Barry

    John Holmes Guest

    PowerPost2000 came up with this:

    > you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    > first, not sure.

    So you like to create duplicate files?
    If you are not sure giving advice, please don't....

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Barry

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,
    >>

    >Here's how I do it.
    >
    >go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
    >.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
    >
    >you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    >first, not sure.

    That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
    moved.

    Harrison, Dec 29, 2003
  7. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    >On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,
    >>>

    >>Here's how I do it.
    >>
    >>go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
    >>.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
    >>
    >>you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    >>first, not sure.

    >That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
    >moved.

    Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
    holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
    choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 29, 2003
  8. On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:42:04 +0000, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Harrison scrawled:
    >
    >>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >>>Here's how I do it.
    >>>
    >>>go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
    >>>.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
    >>>
    >>>you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    >>>first, not sure.

    >>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
    >>moved.

    >Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
    >holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
    >choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

    Which windows was it where dragging and dropping an .exe would made a
    shortcut, rather than moving or copying the exe? One of them did it.

    PowerPost2000, Dec 29, 2003
  9. Barry

    Barry Guest

    It works, i should of thought of that,,,thanks everyone so much,,,

    Barry, Dec 29, 2003
  10. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:11:49 -0500, in
    <>
    PowerPost2000 scrawled:

    >On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:42:04 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Harrison scrawled:

    >>>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
    >>>moved.

    >>Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
    >>holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
    >>choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

    >Which windows was it where dragging and dropping an .exe would made a
    >shortcut, rather than moving or copying the exe? One of them did it.

    None, that I know of -- and I don't see why it should.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 29, 2003
  11. Barry

    Patrick Guest

    Harrison wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows
    >>> xp,,,,,
    >>>

    >> Here's how I do it.
    >>
    >> go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
    >> .exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
    >>
    >> you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
    >> first, not sure.

    > That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
    > moved.

    I just 'dragged & dropped' a free-standing *.exe (DCOMbob) from desktop to
    quicklaunch, it made a shortcut in ql.

    --
    Just thought I'd tell you ! :)

    Patrick, Dec 30, 2003