    Ive tried opening the XP task scheduler wizard and it simply lists a bunch
    of programs to execute.

    Id prefer not to go shareware if possible..
    Silent Bob., Oct 6, 2004

  2. Silent Bob.

    Brian Guest

    "Silent Bob." <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:UFZ8d.16532$...
    > Can windows xp shutdown my pc say when a 2 hour movie finishes if I set it
    > up as such?
    >
    > Ive tried opening the XP task scheduler wizard and it simply lists a bunch
    > of programs to execute.
    >
    > Id prefer not to go shareware if possible..

    hows about in the scheduler clicking under that ┬┤list of programs on
    "search"? look under windows\system32 for shutdown.exe >>open>>carry on
    through the wizard entering your stuff like "once or daily" enter the time
    the pc should be shut down at>>advanced>>in the first box enter the
    parameter -s (C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s)>>as in the second box
    "shutdown.exe -s" (with quotes i may add)>>ok>>entering password>>right
    click the task>>run (just to make sure it works)??
    Brian, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Silent Bob.

    WormWood Guest

    "Silent Bob." <> wrote in message
    | Can windows xp shutdown my pc say when a 2 hour movie finishes if I
    set it
    | up as such?
    |
    | Ive tried opening the XP task scheduler wizard and it simply lists a
    bunch
    | of programs to execute.
    |
    | Id prefer not to go shareware if possible..

    How much do you have budgeted for the software?
    WormWood, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Silent Bob.

    Silent Bob. Guest

    nothing.