    and so on. I went through every thing in my books to fix this with no
    luck.
    Is there a way to bring it back?
    1s1kjake, Nov 18, 2007

  2. 1s1kjake

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "1s1kjake" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My system tray stopped showing programs, such as Norton, vol control
    > and so on. I went through every thing in my books to fix this with no
    > luck.
    > Is there a way to bring it back?

    Some say it's a corrupted user profile that causes this problem. I guess you
    can search Google for a possible fix. But you can rest assured that the
    programs are running, even though the respective icon is not showing in the
    job or system trey. My solution is this. It will eventually show again on a
    subsequent reboot and login. ;-) So far, this problem has not carried over
    to Vista like it did from Win 2K to XP.
    Mr. Arnold, Nov 18, 2007