    I just installed XP and have installed the latest patches, I'm also using Roxio 5. When I start my pc XP boots and when the desktop comes on Roxio opens to it's Select a Project page. I know all I have to do is close it so I do. I would like to know if XP has a startup area where I can choose to have a program not startup automatically upon running XP? If Roxio has a page to choose to not startup on starting XP I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. My pc has 1.2 cpu with 40m hard disk and 512 ram,
    Thank you,
    Joe

    Joe, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Joe

    Thor Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    news:u_vXc.22920$4o.14427@fed1read01...
    Hello,

    I just installed XP and have installed the latest patches, I'm also using
    Roxio 5. When I start my pc XP boots and when the desktop comes on Roxio
    opens to it's Select a Project page. I know all I have to do is close it so
    I do. I would like to know if XP has a startup area where I can choose to
    have a program not startup automatically upon running XP? If Roxio has a
    page to choose to not startup on starting XP I can't seem to find it. Any
    help would be appreciated. My pc has 1.2 cpu with 40m hard disk and 512
    ram,
    Thank you,
    Joe

    Start/run

    type "msconfig" and press enter.
    click the "startup" tab, and deselect the items you wish.

    Thor, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Mr Thor,
    Once again you've answered a great question for me. I think you, my family thanks you. You helped me with win 98 for a few years. And now we have XP.
    Thank you,
    Joe

    Joe, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Joe

    Plato Guest

    Joe wrote:

    Set your html post to even a smaller font to make it even a greater
    challenge to read.

    Plato, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Joe

    oshawabob

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I can't get rid of Roxio

    Every so often, I've been seeing a "Windows Installer ... Preparing to install" message after boot-up. It sits there without doing anything; moments later, it's trying to install Roxio. I click on Cancel to make it go away. After another re-boot, it pops up again.

    I removed the trouble-plagued Roxio months ago.

    I must go to the task manager\applications and end the task. I went to msconfig and unchecked all boxes relating to Roxio and I still have this annoying problem on boot up.

    Anyone experienced this issue before? If so, can you provide any insight/suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

    oshawabob, Nov 15, 2008