    the Start menu (Start - Favorites - etc). Is there any way of accessing
    this in the same or similar way in XP Pro?

    Many thanks.

    Bob, Aug 14, 2003

  2. "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:bhfp5o$8dmq$-berlin.de...
    > When I was using Windows 98se I was able to open a specific web page

    through
    > the Start menu (Start - Favorites - etc). Is there any way of accessing
    > this in the same or similar way in XP Pro?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    Yes there is.

    Right click on the Start button and choose Properties. Left-click the Start
    Menu Tab near the top of the dialog box that opens. Make Sure Start Menu is
    selected at the bottom, and click the Customize button to the right of it.
    A new dialog box will open. Click the Advanced tab in the new dialog. In
    the middle of that one you should see a list of Start menu items. Scroll
    through until you see Favorites menu and make sure there is a check mark in
    the box beside it. Click OK to close the dialog boxes and open up your
    Start menu and there it should be!

    Hope that helps!

    ~SF~

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    > > When I was using Windows 98se I was able to open a specific web page
    > through
    > > the Start menu (Start - Favorites - etc). Is there any way of accessing
    > > this in the same or similar way in XP Pro?
    > >
    > > Many thanks.
    > >

    > Yes there is.
    >
    > Right click on the Start button and choose Properties. Left-click the

    Start
    > Menu Tab near the top of the dialog box that opens. Make Sure Start Menu

    is
    > selected at the bottom, and click the Customize button to the right of it.
    > A new dialog box will open. Click the Advanced tab in the new dialog. In
    > the middle of that one you should see a list of Start menu items. Scroll
    > through until you see Favorites menu and make sure there is a check mark

    in
    > the box beside it. Click OK to close the dialog boxes and open up your
    > Start menu and there it should be!
    >
    > Hope that helps!

    It does! Many thanks.

    Bob, Aug 14, 2003
  4. "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > > > When I was using Windows 98se I was able to open a specific web page

    > > through
    > > > the Start menu (Start - Favorites - etc). Is there any way of

    accessing
    > > > this in the same or similar way in XP Pro?
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks.
    > > >

    > > Yes there is.
    > >
    > > Right click on the Start button and choose Properties. Left-click the

    > Start
    > > Menu Tab near the top of the dialog box that opens. Make Sure Start Menu

    > is
    > > selected at the bottom, and click the Customize button to the right of

    it.
    > > A new dialog box will open. Click the Advanced tab in the new dialog.

    In
    > > the middle of that one you should see a list of Start menu items.

    Scroll
    > > through until you see Favorites menu and make sure there is a check mark

    > in
    > > the box beside it. Click OK to close the dialog boxes and open up your
    > > Start menu and there it should be!
    > >
    > > Hope that helps!

    > It does! Many thanks.

    Anytime! :)