    Thanks,
    Tyler

    , Jan 27, 2009

  2. Guest

    On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello, I am trying to set my laptop to allow me to put it in standby
    > > and hibernate. Neither of which is an option in power management. How
    > > do I get my computer to allow these options?

    > You start by telling us the make & model of your laptop and the
    > operating system you are using.

    Its a Compaq Presario laptop running on Windows XP Pro.

    , Jan 27, 2009

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:38:32 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    wrote:

    >You start by telling us the make & model of your laptop and the
    >operating system you are using.

    Chucktard will be along shortly to tell the OP you cannot use
    hibernate and standby on the same machine...

    Evan Platt, Jan 27, 2009
  4. Keyser Söze Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:38:32 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You start by telling us the make & model of your laptop and the
    >> operating system you are using.

    > Chucktard will be along shortly to tell the OP you cannot use
    > hibernate and standby on the same machine...

    Is that, simultaneously?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in froups, parties,
    nations, and epochs it is the rule [sic]. Nietzsche

    Keyser Söze, Jan 27, 2009
  5. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:16:16 -0500, "Keyser Söze"
    <> wrote:

    >Is that, simultaneously?

    See the thread
    "Subject: how to enable hibernation on vista:

    Chucktard did so much backpedalling, it's not even funny...

    CT: Hibernation only applies to laptops.
    Me: Really? I just put my desktop into hibernation mode.
    CT: I didn't say it *couldn't* be done, just that it's inapplicable.
    It's also a pointless thing to do. Now *without* changing anything,
    put your desktop into standby.
    ME: Umm.. no you said "Hibernation only applies to laptops." Which it
    doesn't.
    CT: Inapplicable is not the opposite of applies then??
    CT: *no*. I said it there's no *reason* to use it on a desktop. They
    don't run off batteries. Hence it only applies to pecularities of
    laptops. Note that word again.
    ME: Umm.. no, you didn't. "Hibernation only applies to laptops."
    CT: Yeah, well the only fact here is that you're an idiot, plain and
    simple.
    ME: Just got a laptop with Vista installed. It had Standby and
    hibernate available on it. Used both of them, works like a charm.
    CT: No, you didn't.
    ME: (After much arguing, sent over the fucktard independent
    screenshots showing both hibernate and standby..)
    CT: It's still a pointless combination.

    He's a backpedalling idiot.

    Evan Platt, Jan 27, 2009
  6. Keyser Söze Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:16:16 -0500, "Keyser Söze"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is that, simultaneously?

    > See the thread
    > "Subject: how to enable hibernation on vista:
    >
    > Chucktard did so much backpedalling, it's not even funny...
    >
    > CT: Hibernation only applies to laptops.
    > Me: Really? I just put my desktop into hibernation mode.
    > CT: I didn't say it *couldn't* be done, just that it's inapplicable.
    > It's also a pointless thing to do. Now *without* changing anything,
    > put your desktop into standby.
    > ME: Umm.. no you said "Hibernation only applies to laptops." Which it
    > doesn't.
    > CT: Inapplicable is not the opposite of applies then??
    > CT: *no*. I said it there's no *reason* to use it on a desktop. They
    > don't run off batteries. Hence it only applies to pecularities of
    > laptops. Note that word again.
    > ME: Umm.. no, you didn't. "Hibernation only applies to laptops."
    > CT: Yeah, well the only fact here is that you're an idiot, plain and
    > simple.
    > ME: Just got a laptop with Vista installed. It had Standby and
    > hibernate available on it. Used both of them, works like a charm.
    > CT: No, you didn't.
    > ME: (After much arguing, sent over the fucktard independent
    > screenshots showing both hibernate and standby..)
    > CT: It's still a pointless combination.
    >
    > He's a backpedalling idiot.

    pmsl - I needed that! Ta.

    Keyser Söze, Jan 27, 2009
  7. wrote:
    > On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hello, I am trying to set my laptop to allow me to put it in standby
    >>> and hibernate. Neither of which is an option in power management. How
    >>> do I get my computer to allow these options?

    >> You start by telling us the make & model of your laptop and the
    >> operating system you are using.

    > Its a Compaq Presario laptop running on Windows XP Pro.

    I think micro$oft might be able to klew you in...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/russel_02march25.mspx

    FYI
    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 28, 2009