    via ICS. But the connection when I have one is soooooooo sloooooow as to be
    unusable.
    Is irt a Firewall issue or driver or what?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFBpbm5pbmd0b24=?=, Nov 8, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFBpbm5pbmd0b24=?=

    Malke Guest

    Rob Pinnington wrote:

    > So there I was on SP1 happily using my wireless network connection (
    > US Robotics 2445 cards that are 802.11b)
    >
    > Then I upgrade to SP2 and now I have loads of problems. The wireless
    > network configutration tab does not show on any of the computers I
    > have on my home network so I can not use that.
    > The gateway computer connects fine to the interent and occassionally
    > I can see the internet connection from one of the computers trying to
    > connect to it
    > via ICS. But the connection when I have one is soooooooo sloooooow as
    > to be unusable.
    > Is irt a Firewall issue or driver or what?

    I assume you're using a laptop. Make sure that if you are using the
    laptop mftr.'s wireless connectivity software it is compatible with
    SP2. Otherwise, go into the wireless settings and check "Allow Windows
    to manage my wireless". Also, why would you be using ICS if you have a
    router? You don't want to use ICS and a router - this may be causing
    the issue. Post back with a description of your router and why you are
    using a gateway computer.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Nov 9, 2004

  3. I had a similar experience at work, after mistakenly installing SP2 without
    company approval. With SP1 wireless worked fine. Now it never gets past
    "acquiring network address." My admin says I have the right certificate and
    all the settings seem correct. He can't figure out what the problem is. My
    options are to un-install SP2, which he says risks losing the computer for a
    couple of days if something goes wrong, or waiting until they roll out SP2 in
    a couple of months.

    Any suggestions?

    --Barry

    =?Utf-8?B?QnRoaXM=?=, Nov 9, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFBpbm5pbmd0b24=?=

    Malke Guest

    Bthis wrote:

    > I had a similar experience at work, after mistakenly installing SP2
    > without company approval. With SP1 wireless worked fine. Now it never
    > gets past "acquiring network address." My admin says I have the right
    > certificate and all the settings seem correct. He can't figure out
    > what the problem is. My options are to un-install SP2, which he says
    > risks losing the computer for a couple of days if something goes
    > wrong, or waiting until they roll out SP2 in a couple of months.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > --Barry
    >
    > "Rob Pinnington" wrote:
    >
    >> So there I was on SP1 happily using my wireless network connection (
    >> US Robotics 2445 cards that are 802.11b)
    >>
    >> Then I upgrade to SP2 and now I have loads of problems. The wireless
    >> network configutration tab does not show on any of the computers I
    >> have on my home network so I can not use that.
    >> The gateway computer connects fine to the interent and occassionally
    >> I can see the internet connection from one of the computers trying to
    >> connect to it
    >> via ICS. But the connection when I have one is soooooooo sloooooow
    >> as to be unusable.
    >> Is irt a Firewall issue or driver or what?

    I think I'd see if there were any updated drivers for the card first. If
    there aren't, maybe try uninstalling the card and then reinstalling it.
    It can't hurt to do that. To answer the firewall question, I haven't
    seen any problems using wireless, SP2 and a firewall, but if you are
    using a third-party firewall you might also check to see if there are
    updates to the program. Our Sygate personal needed to be updated to
    work properly with the SP2 boxen (wired, though).

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 9, 2004