    the static IP address with the new wireless configuration.

    Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!

    Bar
    =?Utf-8?B?QmFy?=, Jan 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFy?=

    Carol Guest

    I don't think you should have to set it up. Just turn on the wireless device
    and let it find your network and log into it. It will keep the settings as
    long as you don't change any of the default settings. Mine started up right
    away.

    Carol, Jan 1, 2006

  3. The reason you had no problem is your network is serviced by a DHCP server
    whereas my home LAN runs off a static DNS system.

    I need to know HOW to setup XP Pro SP2 to accept static IP addresses for a
    wireless NIC.

    Thanks,

    Bar

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFy?=, Jan 1, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmFy?=

    Lance Guest

    Start/Control Panel/Network Connections. Right click on the NIC you want
    to set as static IP and select Properties.

    Under the General tab, highlight "Internet protocol (TCP/IP)", click on
    Properties. The General tab lets you set up the static IP and DNS
    servers, the Advanced button has more settings that are network dependent.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Jan 1, 2006
  5. Thanks Lance, that did it.

    I can't understand how I missed that first time I tried setting it up.

    Best regards,

    Bar

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFy?=, Jan 2, 2006