    installing xp sp2 but to no avail!! Any one any ideas on how to resolve this
    problem??

    Any advice would be appreciated.... I've run out of ideas.

    =?Utf-8?B?S0I=?=, Jan 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S0I=?=

    Malke Guest

    KB wrote:

    > since installing xp sp2, I have been unable to connect ot the internet
    > from
    > any pc on my network except the host. The wireless network connection
    > box shows the network as connected. however, i cannot see any of the
    > pcs in the
    > network in the network connections box. I have run the home network
    > and wireless network set up wizzards more times than I care to
    > remember since
    > installing xp sp2 but to no avail!! Any one any ideas on how to
    > resolve this problem??
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.... I've run out of ideas.

    Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Windows Firewall. If you are
    not running a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet
    in Control Panel and enable File & Printer Sharing on the Exceptions
    tab. If you are using a third-party firewall (and have properly
    configured it to allow your lan traffic as Trusted), then turn the
    Windows Firewall off. You don't want two firewalls running, and a
    third-party program will be better than the WF.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers