    Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.

    Cheers

    Kevin

    Dunnies, Jul 6, 2008

  2. Dunnies

    Pavel A. Guest

    So what is your problem?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 6, 2008

  3. Dunnies

    Dunnies Guest

    PA,
    The wireless connection drops out for no apparent reason. Although, I
    can see the nextwork, the computer won't reconnect after it drops. At times
    the computer has been on for 5 hours before it drops out and at other times
    it won't connect when the computer is started. Sometimes by turning the
    router off and on again the computer will reconnect, but not all the time.
    The router is a DIR-635 and the adapter is a DWA-547.

    Cheers

    Kevin

    Dunnies, Jul 7, 2008
  4. Dunnies

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 7, 10:25 am, Dunnies <> wrote:
    > PA,
    >      The wireless connection drops out for no apparent reason.   Although, I
    > can see the nextwork, the computer won't reconnect after it drops.   At times
    > the computer has been on for 5 hours before it drops out and at other times
    > it won't connect when the computer is started.   Sometimes by turning the
    > router off and on again the computer will reconnect, but not all the time..
    > The router is a DIR-635 and the adapter is a DWA-547.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kevin
    >
    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    > > So what is your problem?

    > > --PA

    > > "Dunnies" <> wrote in message
    > > > To attempt to solve my wireless networking connection problems, I enabled
    > > > the
    > > > following trace logs through the CMD prompt:

    > > > Wzctrace.log, Eapol.log, Wzcdlg.log, Netman.log, and Netshell.log.

    > > > I caputered the information while the wireless was playing up and sent the
    > > > logs to Microsoft support and believe it or not Microsoft support cannot
    > > > interperate the logs to findout what the problem is!

    > > > Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.

    > > > Cheers

    > > > Kevin

    Check any / all software firewall settings. I've encountered that
    Norton 360 firewall module will block the access point's / router's
    SSID until you tell it to "trust" it.

    smlunatick, Jul 7, 2008