    Anybody have any ideas what could have corrupted Outlook Express?
    All settings had remained the same, it just wouldn't authorize with the
    server.

    Paul J. Veres, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Paul J. Veres

    Cyrus Guest

    "Please wait " SP2 is not ready yet.
    read this article

    Cyrus

    Cyrus, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Paul J. Veres

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:23:17 -0700, "Cyrus" <> wrote:

    >"Please wait " SP2 is not ready yet.
    >read this article
    >http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1636454,00.asp

    crap

    A number of corporate customers are not ready to deploy SP2 and need to use
    Microsoft's recently introduced toolkit for temporarily blocking SP2 delivery
    until they can adequately test the release with their custom and third-party
    software.

    derek / nul, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Paul J. Veres

    bmoag Guest

    Microsoft says that SP2 may conflict with Outlook Express and Microsoft
    Office, the most used applications in the world. Yet they have still
    released this XP "fix."

    This is the classic illustration of why monopolies are ruinous for consumers
    and economies. If Microsoft had any real competition they could not dare
    release such slop.

    bmoag, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Paul J. Veres

    Thor Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > Microsoft says that SP2 may conflict with Outlook Express and Microsoft
    > Office, the most used applications in the world. Yet they have still
    > released this XP "fix."
    >
    > This is the classic illustration of why monopolies are ruinous for

    consumers
    > and economies. If Microsoft had any real competition they could not dare
    > release such slop.

    there has been lots of competition between game software publishers, and
    they release slop all the time. The internet has become a crutch for
    software companies because they know they can make the quick bucks by
    shoving software out the door before it's sufficiently de-bugged, then just
    release patches on the net later.

    Thor, Aug 19, 2004