    machines has its own firewall to stop access between machines on the network
    - no files are shared only printers and DVD drives), and it does not have an
    upgrade for WPA.
    =?Utf-8?B?VCBE?=, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Can no-one answer my question??

    Is it true then that XP is the same as all the other windoze OS? (CRAP!!).

    If not then WHY has my post been sitting in this newsgroup for 14 days
    without a single reply?
    =?Utf-8?B?VCBE?=, Apr 25, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VCBE?=

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, well you hardly going to get much of a reply when you post up stuff like
    that....
    This is a voluntary newsgroup, therefore we all do endeavour to help but
    sometimes things get overlooked. I suggest that you do a search here for
    wireless and SP2 related issues, and also on the internet through Google or
    some other search. for what it's worth I have had no problems with SP2 and
    wireless what so ever....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Apr 25, 2005
  4. It's quite possible that no one else has experienced your specific issue;
    therefore they cannot offer any insght.

    If you're getting a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address it's not a Microsoft thing
    that needs fixing. For some reason you're not getting a valid IP and that
    is what XP will default to , Google "APIPA" for a more indepth explanation.

    Next time try not to bite the hand that's feeding you, or just bite the
    bullet and call Microsoft directly.

    Brian McMullen, Apr 25, 2005