    times than I care to remember since installing sp2 but to no avail! Anyone
    any ideas on how to resolve this conundrum??

    Any help would be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FvaW1oaW4=?=, Jan 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FvaW1oaW4=?=

    Malke Guest

    Caoimhin wrote:

    > Since installing sp2, my ad hoc peer to peer network has not worked
    > properly!
    > In 'View available wireless networks' I can see the network and it
    > shows
    > connected but, I cannot see the other pcs in the network in 'Network
    > Connections' nor can I now access the internet from the other pcs in
    > the network, only from the host.
    >
    > I have run home network setup wizzard and the wireless setup wizzard
    > more
    > times than I care to remember since installing sp2 but to no avail!
    > Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this conundrum??
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Windows Firewall. If you are
    not running a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet
    in Control Panel and enable File & Printer Sharing on the Exceptions
    tab. If you are using a third-party firewall (and have properly
    configured it to allow your lan traffic as Trusted), then turn the
    Windows Firewall off. You don't want two firewalls running, and a
    third-party program will be better than the WF.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Jan 11, 2005

  3. I have the same problem, but it's not Windows Firewall, since that is
    disabled, and I am using only Norton's Firewall. My host computer just won't
    connect to the network, but my client computers can connect, but (obviously)
    do not receive any information. Hence, I'm unable to connect to the net
    through the wireless connection as I could before I installed SP2. I also
    have a LAN running within one office. The LAN and the Wireless networks have
    been bridged (what that means I'm not entirely sure as I didn't bridge
    them!). Any help would be appreciated, as my desk is in another office and
    to use the net I need to keep swapping where I'm working! BTW All the comps
    are running XP Pro SP2.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2F3YW4=?=, Jan 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FvaW1oaW4=?=

    Malke Guest

    sawan wrote:

    > I have the same problem, but it's not Windows Firewall, since that is
    > disabled, and I am using only Norton's Firewall. My host computer just
    > won't connect to the network, but my client computers can connect, but
    > (obviously) do not receive any information. Hence, I'm unable to
    > connect to the net through the wireless connection as I could before I
    > installed SP2. I also have a LAN running within one office. The LAN
    > and the Wireless networks have been bridged (what that means I'm not
    > entirely sure as I didn't bridge
    > them!). Any help would be appreciated, as my desk is in another
    > office and to use the net I need to keep swapping where I'm working!
    > BTW All the comps are running XP Pro SP2.

    Please do not hijack someone else's thread, even if you think the
    problem is similar. Doing this makes it very difficult to help all
    parties. Create a new post with all pertinent details.

    Malke
    Malke, Jan 13, 2005
  5. I did not think I was 'hijacking' someone's thread. I have the same problem
    and what I meant was that I tried your solution of disabling Windows Firewall.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2F3YW4=?=, Jan 13, 2005