    have windows XP Pro, and my windows version is "Microsoft Windows Version 5.1
    (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : Service Pack 2)", any help will be
    very appreciated, Kris
    =?Utf-8?B?S3JpcyBSZW5uaXNvbg==?=, Sep 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S3JpcyBSZW5uaXNvbg==?=

    Lem Guest

    Kris Rennison wrote:

    > Hi, I've just bought a bluetooth dongle, and installed the drivers for it,
    > and windows recognises it as a "bluetooth USB" device in device manager. The
    > thing that perplexes me, is that windows does not seem to have any bluetooth
    > capabilities. It says in windows help and support centre things to do with
    > bluetooth, and it says go to the "bluetooth devices" section of control
    > panel, but my windows doesnt have this. I find this really strange as in
    > windows own help and support centre it has articles on bluetooth, and when i
    > click on shortcuts that should take me to the bluetooth devices, the shortcut
    > does nothing. i have tried to open bluetooth devices through the run box also
    > (bthprops.cpl), and that does nothing as well. I have looked in services.msc,
    > and there is no bluetooth service. I presume something is not installed on my
    > pc, and all i want to do is to have windows bluetooth working. Please help, i
    > have windows XP Pro, and my windows version is "Microsoft Windows Version 5.1
    > (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : Service Pack 2)", any help will be
    > very appreciated, Kris

    Bluetooth doesn't show up in Control Panel until a Bluetooth device has
    been installed. And although I do have a file named bthprops.cpl, it
    doesn't do anything for me, either. btcpl.cpl is my Bluetooth control
    panel applet.

    How did you install the drivers, and did you get any error messages when
    you did so? There are well-known issues when installing BT devices that
    use Widcomm (Broadcom) software. See
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=2200 for some
    suggestions.
    Lem, Sep 2, 2006