    down but go on another mode but I can not find any Power Options in
    Control Panel.

    Tried Google but not much help - any help?

    peter, Oct 2, 2005

  2. peter

    Luke Guest

    Have you been into the BIOS screen? Check if APM (Advanced Power
    Management) is enabled.

    Luke, Oct 2, 2005

  3. peter

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:50:23 GMT, peter <> wrote:

    >I wanted to use Control Panel> Power Options to tell the PC not to shut
    >down but go on another mode but I can not find any Power Options in
    >Control Panel.
    >
    >Tried Google but not much help - any help?

    Tweakui (free from MS$) can enable/disable various control panel
    components if they're around to be enabled/disabled.

    Joel Rubin, Oct 2, 2005
  4. peter

    peter Guest

    Luke wrote:

    >Have you been into the BIOS screen? Check if APM (Advanced Power
    >Management) is enabled.

    Yes, APM is Enabled!

    peter, Oct 3, 2005
  5. peter

    peter Guest

    Joel Rubin wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:50:23 GMT, peter <> wrote:
    >

    >>I wanted to use Control Panel> Power Options to tell the PC not to shut
    >>down but go on another mode but I can not find any Power Options in
    >>Control Panel.
    >>
    >>Tried Google but not much help - any help?
    >>

    >Tweakui (free from MS$) can enable/disable various control panel
    >components if they're around to be enabled/disabled.

    I'll give it a try but what do you mean by "if they are around"?

    peter, Oct 3, 2005
  6. peter

    Trax Guest

    peter <> wrote:

    |>Joel Rubin wrote:

    |>>Tweakui (free from MS$) can enable/disable various control panel
    |>>components if they're around to be enabled/disabled.

    |>I'll give it a try but what do you mean by "if they are around"?

    If the file powercfg.cpl is missing, not much tweak can do.

    Start\Run POWERCFG.CPL <enter>

    If it's around your Power Options will open up.

    --
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/10/02/1612238.shtml?tid=188&tid=17

    Trax, Oct 3, 2005
  7. peter

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:50:23 GMT, peter <> wrote:

    >I wanted to use Control Panel> Power Options to tell the PC not to shut
    >down but go on another mode but I can not find any Power Options in
    >Control Panel.
    >
    >Tried Google but not much help - any help?

    The file you want is "powercfg.cpl"
    It's located in the "C:\windows\system32" folder, and a spare copy is in the
    "C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386" folder.

    It may be hidden...
    Open any folder, click "Tools", "Folder Options", and the "View" tab.
    Check the box, "Show hidden files and folders"
    Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types",
    Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files", Click "Apply", "OK"

    If it's present, your policy settings may be hiding it. Use TweakUI to unhide it.
    Microsoft TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    If nothing else works...
    Restore it from the CD: How to extract files in Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP
    <http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/pfdocs/2001011114021106?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5>

    Unk, Oct 3, 2005
  8. peter

    The One Guest

    "Luke" <> wrote in message
    > Have you been into the BIOS screen? Check if APM (Advanced Power
    > Management) is enabled.

    LOL

    The One, Oct 3, 2005