XP SP-2 Client VPN Connection thru PIX506E to W2K server Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Leon Willard, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Leon Willard

    Leon Willard Guest

    For the last 2+ years we've had a fully working remote VPN connection to our
    main Win2K server. But since we installed XP SP-2 with firewall and MS
    Anti-Spyware, we can no longer connect remotely on the two machines where
    we've tried it. The VPN Dialer works just fine, but when we attempt to map
    the drive we get this error:

    "The network path \\192.168.1.4\MainFiles could not be found."

    If we attempt to restore a previous connection, we get this error:

    "An error occurred while reconnecting F: to \\192.168.1.4\MainFiles
    Microsoft Windows Network: The network path was not found"

    Disabling Windows Firewall and Anti-Spyware doesn't fix the problem.

    Is this a known problem or what? If not, any suggestions? Thanks.

    Leon

    Leon Willard, Jul 1, 2005