    processes. Wonder how one can find out to whom/what
    the computer is talking to while waiting for the
    disconnect dialogue box to appear. Thanks

    Gator, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Gator

    Trax Guest

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:15:26 -0700, "Gator" <>
    wrote:

    |>Ideas appreciated. When ready to disconnect
    |>from ISP, I move the cursor to the shortcut for
    |>the disconnect dialogue box. There is about a
    |>twenty second delay before the box appears
    |>and the only way I can disconnect is by pulling
    |>out the line from the modem. While waiting for
    |>the box to appear according to the system tray
    |>icons, the computer is talking to a remote computer.
    |>Zone Alarm shows nothing. Adaware nothing.
    |>Don't find any viruses. No tasks running and no
    |>processes. Wonder how one can find out to whom/what
    |>the computer is talking to while waiting for the
    |>disconnect dialogue box to appear. Thanks

    This is where an external modem pays for itself. If you happen to have
    an external modem just look at the send and receive lights seeing as
    Zone Alarm shows nothing the lights would be proof positive.

    The computer is most likely talking to the modem, seeing as your not
    disconnecting the modem isn't listening.

    Try this:
    No clue what your OS is, so - Start > Run, type in telephon.cpl
    Modems > Properties > Advanced
    Under "Extra initialization commands" type in ATZ (in caps)
    this command will reset your modem everytime you use it.
    Just might help in your situation, and won't hurt anything if it
    doesn't.

    My two cents...
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w "Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season.

    Trax, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Gator

    Trax Guest

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:15:26 -0700, "Gator" <>
    wrote:
    <Resent>

    |>Ideas appreciated. When ready to disconnect
    |>from ISP, I move the cursor to the shortcut for
    |>the disconnect dialogue box. There is about a
    |>twenty second delay before the box appears
    |>and the only way I can disconnect is by pulling
    |>out the line from the modem. While waiting for
    |>the box to appear according to the system tray
    |>icons, the computer is talking to a remote computer.
    |>Zone Alarm shows nothing. Adaware nothing.
    |>Don't find any viruses. No tasks running and no
    |>processes. Wonder how one can find out to whom/what
    |>the computer is talking to while waiting for the
    |>disconnect dialogue box to appear. Thanks

    This is where an external modem pays for itself. If you happen to have
    an external modem just look at the send and receive lights seeing as
    Zone Alarm shows nothing the lights would be proof positive.

    The computer is most likely talking to the modem, seeing as your not
    disconnecting the modem isn't listening.

    Try this:
    Start > Run, type in telephon.cpl <enter>

    Trax, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Gator

    °Mike° Guest

    Try this in the Start / Run box:

    rasdial [Exact Connection Entry Name] /disconnect

    You could also put the above in a batch file, such as:

    ***** <--- Begin file. Omit this line.
    @ECHO OFF
    RASDIAL.EXE [Exact Connection Entry Name] /DISCONNECT
    CLS
    EXIT
    ***** <--- End file. Omit this line.

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:15:26 -0700, in
    <bvj56g$sbudh$-berlin.de>
    Gator scrawled:

    >Ideas appreciated. When ready to disconnect
    >from ISP, I move the cursor to the shortcut for
    >the disconnect dialogue box. There is about a
    >twenty second delay before the box appears
    >and the only way I can disconnect is by pulling
    >out the line from the modem. While waiting for
    >the box to appear according to the system tray
    >icons, the computer is talking to a remote computer.
    >Zone Alarm shows nothing. Adaware nothing.
    >Don't find any viruses. No tasks running and no
    >processes. Wonder how one can find out to whom/what
    >the computer is talking to while waiting for the
    >disconnect dialogue box to appear. Thanks

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004