    The "Run"feature XP disappeared,and left only the Help and the Search
    feature.Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way to get this Run
    button back again without restoring?

    mpace06, Jan 6, 2009

  2. mpace06

    Betty Carney Guest

    mpace06 <> wrote in message
    news:DzQ8l.8425$:

    > The "Run"feature XP disappeared,and left only the Help and the Search
    > feature.Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way to get this
    > Run button back again without restoring?

    right click taskbar>properties>start menu tab>'classic Start menu
    'customize'>check 'Display Run'

    Betty Carney, Jan 6, 2009

  3. mpace06

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 22:04:19 GMT, "mpace06" <> wrote:

    >The "Run"feature XP disappeared,

    Sounds like someone removed it...

    >and left only the Help and the Search feature.

    ONLY help and search? No Programs? No Log Off? No Turn Off Computer?

    >Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way to get this Run
    >button back again without restoring?

    Google remove run XP comes up with a number of results...

    http://www.xp-tips.com/remove-run.shtml

    being the first.

    Evan Platt, Jan 6, 2009
  4. mpace06

    SteveBell Guest

    >mpace06 <> wrote in message
    >
    >> The "Run"feature XP disappeared,and left only the Help and the
    >>Search feature.Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way
    >>to get this Run button back again without restoring?

    >right click taskbar>properties>start menu tab>'classic Start menu
    >'customize'>check 'Display Run'

    Or just forget about it and type
    <Windows>+R

    --
    Steve Bell
    New Life Home Improvement

    SteveBell, Jan 6, 2009
  5. mpace06

    Guest

    "SteveBell" <> wrote:

    >>mpace06 <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> The "Run"feature XP disappeared,and left only the Help and the
    >>>Search feature.Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way
    >>>to get this Run button back again without restoring?

    >>right click taskbar>properties>start menu tab>'classic Start menu
    >>'customize'>check 'Display Run'

    >Or just forget about it and type
    > <Windows>+R

    Every since vista I've had to change a run macro.

    "Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>

    <enter>"

    O:ver 10 years now and nobody (very few) know of the short cut keys.

    Figure they teach folks how to use them, rather than that moments
    major malware attack.
    --

    Overwatering your lawn in L.A. is now on the list of offenses cops will shoot you on sight for.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28526953/

    , Jan 7, 2009
  6. mpace06

    Peeassha Guest

    "SteveBell" <> wrote in message

    >>mpace06 <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> The "Run"feature XP disappeared,and left only the Help and the
    >>>Search feature.Can anyone help with this problem? Is there a way
    >>>to get this Run button back again without restoring?

    >>right click taskbar>properties>start menu tab>'classic Start menu
    >>'customize'>check 'Display Run'

    > Or just forget about it and type
    > <Windows>+R
    >
    > --