    by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

    I tried everything. Help

    John
    John D, Aug 8, 2004

  2. John D

    JK Guest

    What recent changes have you made to the system? What did
    you do just before the problem started? Did you install software
    then uninstall it improperly? I had this problem, but fixed it by
    uninstalling all unnecessary software from the system, and then
    searching the registry to try to find entries associated with software
    that was no longer on the system and deleting them. Windows
    might be trying to run a program at startup that is no longer
    on your pc.

    JK, Aug 8, 2004

  3. John D

    John D Guest

    No clue... I uninstalled a couple programs and then this started to happen.
    I rad WinASO and windoctor. Everything seems ok. but the error still comes
    up.

    John D, Aug 8, 2004
  4. John D

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "John D" <> wrote in message
    > I have xp home and keep getting htis message when wondows starts.
    >
    > One of the files containing the System's registry data had to be recovered
    > by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.
    >
    > I tried everything. Help
    >
    > John

    Have you created earlier restore points on your System Restore?

    You might wind up having to revert to earlier dates just to get rid of the
    message.

    Mark Mandell, Aug 9, 2004
  5. John D

    John D Guest

    Tried that and it tells me that the restore point could not be used, pick
    another date....

    I think I am just going to reload the whole thing,

    Thanks for everyones input,

    John

    John D, Aug 9, 2004
  6. John D

    mark mandel Guest

    "John D" <> wrote in message
    > Tried that and it tells me that the restore point could not be used, pick
    > another date....
    >
    > I think I am just going to reload the whole thing,
    >
    > Thanks for everyones input,
    >
    > John

    Then do a "repair install."

    mark mandel, Aug 9, 2004
  7. John D

    Global_Killa Guest

    "JK" <> wrote in message
    > What recent changes have you made to the system? What did
    > you do just before the problem started? Did you install software
    > then uninstall it improperly? I had this problem, but fixed it by
    > uninstalling all unnecessary software from the system, and then
    > searching the registry to try to find entries associated with software
    > that was no longer on the system and deleting them. Windows
    > might be trying to run a program at startup that is no longer
    > on your pc.
    >
    > John D wrote:
    >
    > > I have xp home and keep getting htis message when wondows starts.
    > >
    > > One of the files containing the System's registry data had to be

    recovered
    > > by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.
    > >
    > > I tried everything. Help
    > >
    > > John

    If your computer is trying to load something upon logon then you could try
    using 'System Configuration Utility'.
    Click Start -> Run. Type msconfig and hit enter.
    Click the Startup tab and uncheck anything that you don't want to start with
    your computer, look for anything that you have uninstalled.

    If your not sure what some of the things are, use common sense. Normally its
    safe to uncheck things, and you can turn them back on if you want/require
    the program to start with Windows.

    You might also consider running a registry cleaner instead of searching
    through the registry manually. This will help to remove useless entries and
    speed things up a little. Check out www.download.com to find one, I use
    System Mechanic.

    Hope this helped,

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk
    Global_Killa, Aug 10, 2004
  8. John D

    ParetoL

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    advisor

    pchealthadvisor is a best for updating driver to use and for the registry.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
    ParetoL, Oct 15, 2010