    Would anyone have a suggestion of what I need to do or what I did wrong?

    Thank you

    Mike~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Mike Perry, Sep 1, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    splurted...
    > I installed the recovery console for XP and when prompted for the Admin
    > password it will not take it, I even tried Administrator.
    >
    > Would anyone have a suggestion of what I need to do or what I did wrong?
    >

    > Thank you
    >

    > Mike~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Got the wrong password?
    --
    Mike

    Michael Thompson, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Mike Perry

    Billy Guest

    If this is related to an OEM install/version as in this article.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308402
    Create the boot disks for your version, Home or Pro. You may use 6
    floppies or only 1 if you only want to fix the issue. The last disk
    created has the file spcmdcon.sys, copy this to the hidden cmdcons
    folder, reboot and you'll be there. For more on the Recovery Console
    commands.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314058

    Billy, Sep 1, 2003