    the computer just reboots. It doesn't have any warnings it just
    reboots. Any help would be great
    , Apr 10, 2007

  2. Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:01:38 -0700, toughguy19 wrote:

    > I use windows XP SP2. The computer has been working fine for over a
    > year. Now when I print from Firefox or from a program called Jaret QX
    > the computer just reboots. It doesn't have any warnings it just
    > reboots. Any help would be great

    Turn off the reboot on error feature and read the blue screen of death for
    a clue. Or look in your even viewer.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Apr 10, 2007

  3. meerkat Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:01:38 -0700, toughguy19 wrote:
    >
    >> I use windows XP SP2. The computer has been working fine for over a
    >> year. Now when I print from Firefox or from a program called Jaret QX
    >> the computer just reboots. It doesn't have any warnings it just
    >> reboots. Any help would be great

    > Turn off the reboot on error feature and read the blue screen of death for
    > a clue. Or look in your even viewer.

    Or `even` your Event Viewer <g>.
    meerkat, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Tester Guest

    On 10 Apr 2007 10:01:38 -0700, wrote:

    >I use windows XP SP2. The computer has been working fine for over a
    >year. Now when I print from Firefox or from a program called Jaret QX
    >the computer just reboots. It doesn't have any warnings it just
    >reboots. Any help would be great

    I think you're on dialup and your modem may have an IRQ conflict with
    the printer. Of course, this is just a guess - I don't know what kind
    of modem and what kind of printer you're using.

    I can't do this (I can't uncheck "use automatic settings") but try the
    following:

    Hit the Windows key and the Break key at the same time.

    Hit the hardware sheet and bring up device manager.

    Now, hit the plus sign for modems and right click on the specific
    modem and hit Properties.

    Now, hit the resource sheet and uncheck th box "use automatic
    settings".

    Try changing the IRQ number from the choices listed. See if that does
    any good.

    You might try doing the same thing with the printer and/or with the
    port that the printer is using.

    This used to be a fairly common problem but it wih plug and play, a
    larger number of available IRQ's and such it isn't common today.

    Tester, Apr 10, 2007