    command. Is there a similar command for XP?
    Thanks,
    Timmy

    Timmy Ferrell, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Timmy Ferrell

    trout Guest

    Timmy Ferrell wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I recently upgraded to XP after running Win 98 since, well, 1998. I am
    > curious as to how to remove items from the system tray. The computer
    > came pre-loaded with promotional software and the like and I would
    > like to get rid of it. Under 98, one could enter the start-up routine
    > from the MSCONFIG command. Is there a similar command for XP?
    > Thanks,
    > Timmy

    If it's actually the *software* you want to get rid of; can't you
    just uninstall/delete it?
    --
    "Is there some point in keeping it dormant?"

    trout, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Timmy Ferrell

    halfalifer Guest

    My theory is, you shouldn't need to add software in order to remove features
    from the existing software.

    halfalifer, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Timmy Ferrell

    trout Guest

    halfalifer wrote:

    > My theory is, you shouldn't need to add software in order to remove
    > features from the existing software.

    You also don't *need* a car to go anywhere to which you're capable
    of walking.
    --
    "I'd rather drive."

    trout, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Timmy Ferrell

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:58:34 -0700, trout wrote:
    > halfalifer wrote:
    >
    >> My theory is, you shouldn't need to add software in order to remove
    >> features from the existing software.

    > You also don't *need* a car to go anywhere to which you're capable
    > of walking.

    "If Microsoft had meant man to fly then they would have purchased Boeing"

    --
    or something like that

    Jimchip, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Timmy Ferrell

    trout Guest

    Jimchip wrote:

    > On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:58:34 -0700, trout wrote:
    >> halfalifer wrote:
    >>
    >>> My theory is, you shouldn't need to add software in order to remove
    >>> features from the existing software.

    >> You also don't *need* a car to go anywhere to which you're
    >> capable of walking.

    > "If Microsoft had meant man to fly then they would have purchased
    > Boeing"

    There's a "crash" joke there....
    --
    "But it's too obvious; even for me."

    trout, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Timmy Ferrell

    Billh Guest

    MSCONFIG is in XP so you use that if you like. Or go in to your start menu
    and Startup and take things out of there. Or go to add/remove programs and
    kill stuff in there.

    Billh, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Timmy Ferrell

    doS Guest

    Yeah, its called msconfig...geez..

    doS, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Timmy Ferrell

    Juan Pérez Guest

    halfalifer <> wrote in message
    > My theory is, you shouldn't need to add software in order to remove

    features
    > from the existing software.

    Would you please send an email to Bill and share your theory with him?

    Juan Pérez, Jul 6, 2003