    Any ideas please.

    Regards,
    Emry Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Jan 26, 2009

  2. Emrys Davies

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:22:00 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <>
    wrote:

    >My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is absolutely
    >static and will not respond in any way.
    >
    >The screen contains the following words:
    >
    >Asus P4PE2-X
    >
    >Intel
    >Inside
    >Pentium 4
    >
    >Press delete to run set-up
    >
    >Any ideas please.

    Is this a laptop or a desktop?

    Dumb question - have you pressed delete?

    If so, try a different keyboard. This is the BIOS screen. Try a known,
    working keyboard.
    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2009

  3. Emrys Davies

    bardeban Guest

    If you need computer help, please contact me(if you are in Toronto).
    Nick

    647-409-1452

    bardeban, Jan 26, 2009
  4. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:22:00 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is

    absolutely
    > >static and will not respond in any way.
    > >
    > >The screen contains the following words:
    > >
    > >Asus P4PE2-X
    > >
    > >Intel
    > >Inside
    > >Pentium 4
    > >
    > >Press delete to run set-up
    > >
    > >Any ideas please.

    > Is this a laptop or a desktop?

    It is a desktop

    > Dumb question - have you pressed delete?

    Not so dumb, she had pressed delete but now when she presses it it says
    "Enter Password" and she has no password as the tv is a gift and was
    not new.

    > If so, try a different keyboard. This is the BIOS screen. Try a known,
    > working keyboard.

    A working keyboard does not solve the problem.
    Emrys Davies, Jan 26, 2009
  5. Emrys Davies

    Tony Guest

    At least that's a good sign. Try pushing whatever it is F2, F8 or F10 when
    it starts to get a command and pick start normally. Try pulling the plug out
    wait 30 seconds then shove it back in.
    I'm Chuckcar aka. Chuck Carlson and i apporove of this post!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 26, 2009
  6. Emrys Davies

    Tony Guest

    Toronto is a 416 exchange.

    Tony, Jan 26, 2009
  7. Emrys Davies

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:21:58 -0500, "bardeban" <>
    wrote:

    >If you need computer help, please contact me(if you are in Toronto).
    >Nick
    >
    >647-409-1452

    1. I'm not the person asking for help. So why are you replying to me?

    2. If you can't reply to the proper person, I'm not sure I trust you
    to give me 'computer help'.

    3. Based on some of your previous replies for assistance... I KNOW I
    don't trust you for computer help....

    "I think your address is missing a letter, it should be
    not co.uk."

    I told you to create a new Start Shortcut. Pretty basic. You asked
    how.
    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2009
  8. Emrys Davies

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:23:25 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <>
    wrote:

    >It is a desktop

    Ok..

    >Not so dumb, she had pressed delete but now when she presses it it says
    >"Enter Password" and she has no password as the tv is a gift and was
    >not new.

    TV? Or computer?

    If it's a computer, you need to reset the BIOS password, or find out
    what it was. Take a look at
    http://www.fixya.com/support/r1257563-break_bios_password .

    >A working keyboard does not solve the problem.

    Well, no, it wouldn't since it's asking for a BIOS password :)
    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2009
  9. Emrys Davies wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:22:00 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is

    > absolutely
    >> >static and will not respond in any way.
    >> >
    >> >The screen contains the following words:
    >> >
    >> >Asus P4PE2-X
    >> >
    >> >Intel
    >> >Inside
    >> >Pentium 4
    >> >
    >> >Press delete to run set-up
    >> >
    >> >Any ideas please.

    >> Is this a laptop or a desktop?

    > It is a desktop
    >>
    >> Dumb question - have you pressed delete?

    > Not so dumb, she had pressed delete but now when she presses it it says
    > "Enter Password" and she has no password as the tv is a gift and was not
    > new.

    "tv"? What "tv"? What kind of "tv" are you talking about? Why?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups -
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 26, 2009
  10. Emrys Davies

    VanguardLH Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" wrote ...
    >>
    >> Emrys Davies wrote:
    >>
    >>> My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is
    >>> absolutely static and will not respond in any way. The screen
    >>> contains the following words:
    >>>
    >>> Asus P4PE2-X Intel Inside Pentium 4 Press delete to run set-up
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas please.

    >> Is this a laptop or a desktop?

    > It is a desktop
    >>
    >> Dumb question - have you pressed delete?

    > Not so dumb, she had pressed delete but now when she presses it it
    > says "Enter Password" and she has no password as the tv is a gift
    > and was not new.
    >>
    >> If so, try a different keyboard. This is the BIOS screen. Try a
    >> known, working keyboard.

    > A working keyboard does not solve the problem.

    Ask the prior owner of this "used" computer (and *not* TV) for the
    password. Then go into the BIOS again to either change it to something
    your daughter will remember or remove it. The BIOS has a password
    enabled. You have to enter it to get further. Alternatively, remove
    the side panel of the case and short the 2-pin CMOS Clear header with a
    jumper for about 10 seconds. This will clear out the CMOS; however, it
    will reset all customized settings back to the EEPROM defaults. If the
    CMOS clear header is not clearly marked then read the manual to find it.
    If you didn't get a manual, go online to the motherboard or pre-built
    computer maker's web site to see if they have one.

    What was the reason your daughter couldn't contact the prior owner of
    this used desktop for help on how THEY had set it up?
    VanguardLH, Jan 26, 2009
  11. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies wrote:

    > >> Is this a laptop or a desktop?

    > > It is a desktop
    > >>
    > >> Dumb question - have you pressed delete?

    > > Not so dumb, she had pressed delete but now when she presses it it
    > > says "Enter Password" and she has no password as the tv is a gift
    > > and was not new.
    > >>
    > >> If so, try a different keyboard. This is the BIOS screen. Try a
    > >> known, working keyboard.

    > > A working keyboard does not solve the problem.

    > Ask the prior owner of this "used" computer (and *not* TV) for the
    > password. Then go into the BIOS again to either change it to

    something
    > your daughter will remember or remove it. The BIOS has a password
    > enabled. You have to enter it to get further. Alternatively, remove
    > the side panel of the case and short the 2-pin CMOS Clear header with

    > jumper for about 10 seconds. This will clear out the CMOS; however,

    it
    > will reset all customized settings back to the EEPROM defaults. If the
    > CMOS clear header is not clearly marked then read the manual to find

    it.
    > If you didn't get a manual, go online to the motherboard or pre-built
    > computer maker's web site to see if they have one.
    >
    > What was the reason your daughter couldn't contact the prior owner of
    > this used desktop for help on how THEY had set it up?

    My daughter was given this twelve month old computer desktop and now
    that she knows of the password problem she will try and find out the
    password from the previous owner. In the meantime, thanks to everyone
    for being so helpful.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Jan 26, 2009
  12. Emrys Davies

    Buffalo Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    [snip]

    > "I think your address is missing a letter, it should be
    > bex43@********** not co.uk."
    >
    > I told you to create a new Start Shortcut. Pretty basic. You asked
    > how.

    Is that actually someone's real email addy that you just spread though the
    Usenet, or is it a phoney and just an example?
    Buffalo, Jan 26, 2009
  13. Emrys Davies

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:22:00 +0000, Emrys Davies wrote:

    > My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is absolutely
    > static and will not respond in any way.

    HAR! ROFL!

    > Any ideas please.

    Format the hard drive and install Linux.

    Dan C, Jan 26, 2009
  14. Emrys Davies

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:08:36 -0700, "Buffalo" <>
    wrote:

    >Is that actually someone's real email addy that you just spread though the
    >Usenet, or is it a phoney and just an example?

    It's from a post from a few months ago..... I've not seen any spam
    from putting an e-mail address in the body of a message. Done some
    serious testing.
    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2009
  15. Emrys Davies

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:08:36 -0700, Buffalo wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    > [snip]
    >>
    >> "I think your address is missing a letter, it should be
    >> bex43@********** not co.uk."
    >>
    >> I told you to create a new Start Shortcut. Pretty basic. You asked how.

    > Is that actually someone's real email addy that you just spread though
    > the Usenet, or is it a phoney and just an example?

    It can't be a real addy. There is no such thing as hotmail dot COM dot
    UK. Or ANYTHING dot com dot UK, for that matter.

    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
  16. Emrys Davies

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:21:03 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >It can't be a real addy. There is no such thing as hotmail dot COM dot
    >UK. Or ANYTHING dot com dot UK, for that matter.

    Err yeah... Good point. :)
    Evan Platt, Jan 27, 2009
  17. Emrys Davies

    Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:

    >> What was the reason your daughter couldn't contact the prior owner of
    >> this used desktop for help on how THEY had set it up?

    >My daughter was given this twelve month old computer desktop and now
    >that she knows of the password problem she will try and find out the
    >password from the previous owner. In the meantime, thanks to everyone
    >for being so helpful.

    Find the Bios and touch the power pin to the ground pin
    http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    It will clear the BIOS, so have a flash upgrade available.

    FWIW: I have a corrupt BIOS on one of my machines, I'm going to have
    to do the same myself pretty soon.
    --

    More signs
    http://eightsolid.com/24-very-strange-funny-signs/
  18. Emrys Davies

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jan 26, 7:22 pm, "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:
    > My daughter has a XP Professional with a blue screen which is absolutely
    > static and will not respond in any way.
    >
    > The screen contains the following words:
    >
    > Asus P4PE2-X
    >
    > Intel
    > Inside
    > Pentium 4
    >
    > Press delete to run set-up
    >
    > Any ideas please.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emry Davies.

    Emrys Davies
    Ian Galbraith
    White Lady
    Joe Feise.........whoever, by this time you will have realized that
    you have stirred up the original "Idiot's Ant Farm". I bet you wished
    you'd taken up acapuncture or some other game.
    Take your problem to a pc shop. At least you can smack whoever in the
    face.
    sandy58, Jan 27, 2009
  19. Emrys Davies

    Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> What was the reason your daughter couldn't contact the prior owner
    >>> of this used desktop for help on how THEY had set it up?

    >> My daughter was given this twelve month old computer desktop and now
    >> that she knows of the password problem she will try and find out the
    >> password from the previous owner. In the meantime, thanks to
    >> everyone for being so helpful.

    > Find the Bios and touch the power pin to the ground pin
    > http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html
    >
    > It will clear the BIOS, so have a flash upgrade available.
    >
    > FWIW: I have a corrupt BIOS on one of my machines, I'm going to have
    > to do the same myself pretty soon.

    Shorting out those pins merely resets the BIOS, it doesn't erase it AFAIK.
    You can also just reomove the MB battery for an hour or so and it will do
    the same.
    Buffalo, Jan 27, 2009
  20. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message

    > wrote:

    > >> My daughter was given this twelve month old computer desktop and

    now
    > >> that she knows of the password problem she will try and find out

    the
    > >> password from the previous owner. In the meantime, thanks to
    > >> everyone for being so helpful.

    > > Find the Bios and touch the power pin to the ground pin
    > > http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html
    > >
    > > It will clear the BIOS, so have a flash upgrade available.
    > >
    > > FWIW: I have a corrupt BIOS on one of my machines, I'm going to have
    > > to do the same myself pretty soon.

    > Shorting out those pins merely resets the BIOS, it doesn't erase it

    AFAIK.
    > You can also just reomove the MB battery for an hour or so and it will

    do
    > the same.

    My daughter will be away until the weekend and she will then be able to
    use the knowledge which you have all contributed, but in the meantime
    can anyone explain why the computer performed perfectly since she
    received it about a month ago without asking for a password and now it
    has suddenly decided to ask for the password, as outlined in my initial
    post.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Jan 28, 2009