    I've spent a lot of time trying to find a driver for it, but no luck so far.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?=, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Contact HP directly -- they're the ones who will have to provide a driver.
    The other possibility is that HP has OEM'd the RAID from someone, and if you
    know the underlying chipset/controller you can find a driver for that.

    Currently the best general source for drivers, other than the manufacturers
    themselves, is www.planetamd64.com

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Thanks,

    HP does not have any drivers avaliable on their website for xp or xp 64.
    I'll keep looking, and try and find one for the chipset, but so far I havent
    any luck doing that. I may just give up on doing the raid for now and just
    putting xp on an IDE or SATA drive in the meantime, I just love the
    speed/security of my 10000 RPM SCSI RAID 5.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?=, Aug 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?=

    ArtCox Guest

    it doesn't have to be a 64bit driver. just one that works. My Gigabyte
    motherboard has SATA Raid and I use the drivers that came with the MB. if I
    could ever get a copy of WinX64 to work.

    ArtCox, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Yes, it _does_ have to be a 64-bit driver. RAID drivers are system level
    drivers and they have to be 64-bit. 32-bit drivers will not work for that.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2005
  6. Well, for 32-bit XP you could probably use the Server 2003 drivers, but
    that's a pretty old card and I suspect the chances of HP producing a driver
    for it are pretty slim.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2005
  7. Well, 32bit XP picks the card up fine all by its self. So it's just a pain in
    the neck that they dont natively support it anymore. Oh well, either I'll
    have to get a newer SCSI card(which I dont really want to do) or just forget
    having SCSI and get some WD Raptor drives or even just another drive for now
    for my main drive, I just wanted to get it all done while I had a couple days
    off, but now I'll have to wait till I pick up a drive from work, because I
    dont have any spare drives kicking around, and I do not want to use any of my
    other drives in the system, they've all got important data on them, and no
    room between the 4 to make one empty, that's kinda sad considering it's a
    total of 910gb of drive space, oh well.

    Erastus

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?=, Aug 1, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?=

    ArtCox Guest

    Really ?? I have onboard SATA RAID, so I didn't know. thought all RAID
    Drivers would work

    ArtCox, Aug 2, 2005
  9. yes, really. Read the newsgroup, see the number of people having problems
    with SATA and RAID. Because they don't have the right drivers.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 2, 2005