XP Pro x64 to Vista Biz x64 Upgrade Possible

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 5, 2006.

  1. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 5, 2006

  2. Nothing new. Yes, there's an upgrade path. It still requires a clean
    install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Huh, does it save your settings and stuff? Is it like a repair upgrade>

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 5, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Nope. The only thing you get from "upgrading" is a cheaper Windows Vista
    license. You still have to do a clean install to use it.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    DP Guest

    If I'm reading that chart correctly, the upgrade to Vista Business x64 is
    free. Do you read it that way as well?

    DP, Nov 6, 2006
  6. Use WET (Windows Easy Transfer) to save your settings. It works pretty
    well - I've been using it build to build here, on 64bit, and it's not bad.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2006
  7. Its free through Express Upgrade if you purchase within the Technology
    Upgrade program. But in the case of Upgrade to Vista x64 from XP Pro x64, I
    thought it was a physical upgrade, but it seems to just be qualifying
    upgrade media for the upgrade pricing.

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 6, 2006