    knowledge about computers, I been developer on large mainframes since 1963,
    in software for both hardware and user applications. I have built several PC
    for my self.

    Wally Basher, Aug 16, 2008

  2. Wally Basher

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 16/08/2008 in message
    <> Wally Basher wrote:

    >It appears to run just fine with only 2GB of RAM

    It would be worth your while searching this group for '2GB of RAM' - you
    can use Google Groups:

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&

    I had no problems installing x64 with 8GB RAM and no problems running it
    but many people have had issue when more than 2GB of RAM is installed -
    often related to memory timings or main board issues.

    I am using a Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 main board here.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation

    Jeff Gaines, Aug 16, 2008

  3. Wally Basher

    Carl Guest

    Go into the bios and increase the voltage for your memory.

    Carl, Aug 17, 2008