    which ZAT-xxxxx should I buy, that seems to be a little confusing, my
    tap disk is zat-00045.
    Thanks for any and all replies
    Ward Taylor, Nov 26, 2006

  2. MS says at least two years.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Ward Taylor

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:27:22 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

    >MS says at least two years.

    That would be great. Win98 lasted much longer though,
    so that might give us hope ;-)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Nov 26, 2006
  4. "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote in message
    > MS says at least two years.

    Two years - starting from. . ?

    It's about one year old now!

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Nov 26, 2006
  5. Ward Taylor

    John Barnes Guest

    It's 1 1/2 now. May 2005

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2006
  6. Wow - Time really is flying!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 26, 2006
  7. Ward Taylor

    Ward Taylor Guest

    Thanks, looks like that is correct for system builders, looks like a
    year to buy an oem disk, see this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx

    Ward Taylor, Nov 26, 2006
  8. Ward Taylor

    Theo Guest

    My copy was released in April 2005.

    Theo, Nov 26, 2006
  9. Ward Taylor

    John Barnes Guest

    Missed it by 6 days. You are correct, it took a little time for it to be
    available in retail outlets.
    I actually got mine May 6. :)

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2006
  10. It doesn't matter when it released. What matters is when it's successor
    releases. The date of General Public Availablility for Vista x64 is what
    matters. Consult the Product Lifecycle pages on microsoft.com. Like all
    editions of XP, x64 is not covered by the lifecycle policy changes in 2004
    which set three years of active support for consumer software, five for
    enterprise, and one year for annual products (like Encarta). You have to
    consult the lifecycle table for all XP.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 26, 2006