    admin acc.

    Cheers

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Jeremy

    Not Dave Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:14:35 +1300, Jeremy <>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    >setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day
    >it locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a
    >reinstall and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the
    >password on my acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc to
    >an admin acc, and created another built in admin acc that is undeletable
    >as its the local built in acc, and every time I reboot it tries to load
    >this acc even with it disabled. How can I set it to autolog into my
    >admin acc.

    grab TweakUI from this page:

    Look under Boot --> Autologin (from memory).

    Not Dave, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Jeremy

    David Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    > setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day
    > it locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a
    > reinstall and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the
    > password on my acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc to
    > an admin acc, and created another built in admin acc that is undeletable
    > as its the local built in acc, and every time I reboot it tries to load
    > this acc even with it disabled. How can I set it to autolog into my
    > admin acc.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Jeremy

    You aren't supposed to use the "Administrator" account for daily use, in
    fact if you use the welcome screen it is only accessible from safe mode.
    Instead create a custom named account with profile "Computer
    Administrator", you will have identical priviledges.

    David, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Jeremy

    shannon Guest

    David wrote:
    > Jeremy wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    >> setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day
    >> it locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a
    >> reinstall and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the
    >> password on my acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc
    >> to an admin acc, and created another built in admin acc that is
    >> undeletable as its the local built in acc, and every time I reboot it
    >> tries to load this acc even with it disabled. How can I set it to
    >> autolog into my admin acc.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Jeremy

    > You aren't supposed to use the "Administrator" account for daily use, in
    > fact if you use the welcome screen it is only accessible from safe mode.
    > Instead create a custom named account with profile "Computer
    > Administrator", you will have identical priviledges.

    Its accessible if you hit Ctrl-Alt-Del on the welcome screen
    no safe mode required.

    shannon, Nov 6, 2005
  5. "David" <> wrote in
    message news:zPhbf.1103$...
    > Jeremy wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    >> setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day it
    >> locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a reinstall
    >> and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the password on my
    >> acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc to an admin acc,
    >> and created another built in admin acc that is undeletable as its the
    >> local built in acc, and every time I reboot it tries to load this acc
    >> even with it disabled. How can I set it to autolog into my admin acc.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Jeremy

    > You aren't supposed to use the "Administrator" account for daily use, in
    > fact if you use the welcome screen it is only accessible from safe mode.
    > Instead create a custom named account with profile "Computer
    > Administrator", you will have identical priviledges.

    Dunno about that - what about norton? Updates won't install unless you are
    on as admin? And, possibly for windows update too.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Jeremy

    Phstpok Guest

    Not Dave wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:14:35 +1300, Jeremy <>
    > growled these words from under a rock:
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    >>setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day
    >>it locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a
    >>reinstall and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the
    >>password on my acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc to
    >>an admin acc, and created another built in admin acc that is undeletable
    >>as its the local built in acc, and every time I reboot it tries to load
    >>this acc even with it disabled. How can I set it to autolog into my
    >>admin acc.
    >>

    > grab TweakUI from this page:

    > Look under Boot --> Autologin (from memory).

    I have found the autologon in tweakui to behave erratically. Sometimes
    it would bypass the login screen and some days it wouldn't, requiring me
    to set it up again. No rhyme or reason, such as after software install
    or uninstall, just erratic.

    Rob

    Phstpok - The last surviving member of a race of mentors and idiots.

    Phstpok, Nov 6, 2005
  7. On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:14:35 +1300, Jeremy <>
    wrote:

    > How can I set it to autolog into my admin acc.

    Try this

    Start -> Run -> control userpasswords2

    tick/untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer".

    When you press OK, the computer should ask what login/password it
    should always log in as.

    Enter this login/password.

    Reboot PC to confirm.
    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, Nov 6, 2005
  8. Jeremy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <JUhbf.1104$>,
    says...

    > "David" <> wrote in
    > message news:zPhbf.1103$...
    > > Jeremy wrote:
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I am having some trouble with my xp installation, First I had myself
    > >> setup as the built in admin acc this is the one I used daily. One day it
    > >> locked me out claiming my password was incorrect, so i did a reinstall
    > >> and halfway through used the recovery console to reset the password on my
    > >> acc and repair windows. doing this it shifted my acc to an admin acc,
    > >> and created another built in admin acc that is undeletable as its the
    > >> local built in acc, and every time I reboot it tries to load this acc
    > >> even with it disabled. How can I set it to autolog into my admin acc.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >>
    > >> Jeremy

    > > You aren't supposed to use the "Administrator" account for daily use, in
    > > fact if you use the welcome screen it is only accessible from safe mode.
    > > Instead create a custom named account with profile "Computer
    > > Administrator", you will have identical priviledges.

    > Dunno about that - what about norton? Updates won't install unless you are
    > on as admin? And, possibly for windows update too.

    As AN Administrator - any user who is a member of the Administrators
    group.

    Rob J, Nov 6, 2005