    for him, this just reinforces the view that Windows is a huge kludge, unlike
    the Macs the rest of his family use.

    I view it as a bug, which I'd like to get fixed.

    Bill Sanderson, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Bill

    This seems Boingo client-related, since the Boingo client disables wireless
    zero config functionality. If he doesn't need the Boingo client for a
    specific reason, he should try the following:
    - Close or remove the Boingo client
    - He should get a prompt that a wireless network is available or he can
    choose to View Available Networks from the systray icon
    - If he's using XP SP2, choose the network and click Connect. He will be
    prompted for the WEP key. If he's using XP SP1 or XP RTM, he can enter the
    WEP key in the same screen he chooses the available network before
    connecting
    Once he's done, wireless zero config will save the WEP key and he won't need
    to enter it again

    Thanks
    Anton [MSFT]
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights

    Anton Krantz [MSFT], Dec 7, 2004

  3. Thanks - I'll make this recommendation. I suspect he is using the Boingo
    functionality, unfortunately.

    Bill Sanderson, Dec 13, 2004