    13g hd
    which os with the above system.
    TIA

    george, Feb 8, 2004

  2. george

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:24:13 GMT, "george" <> wrote:
    >P3
    >128mb ram
    >13g hd
    >which os with the above system.
    >TIA

    Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

    The Upgrade Advisor is a tool that checks your system hardware and
    software to see if it is ready for upgrade to Windows XP. If you run
    Upgrade Advisor while you are connected to the Internet, and if your
    system needs updates that are available on the Windows Update Web
    site, Upgrade Advisor will find and install the updates for you.

    Which Edition Is Right for You?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp

    Hardware compatibility list
    http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/

    Unk, Feb 8, 2004

  3. george

    Plato Guest

    george wrote:

    > P3
    > 128mb ram
    > 13g hd
    > which os with the above system.

    Neither. One really wants at least 256 ram for either. Preferrably 512.

    Also, your hard drive is too small for either.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 8, 2004
  4. george

    JWooden271 Guest

    I'd say that Windows 2000 would be the most stable. Windows 2000 has
    fewer pretty graphics than Windows XP.

    JWooden271, Feb 8, 2004
  5. george

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:49:18 -0500, JWooden271 wrote:

    >I'd say that Windows 2000 would be the most stable. Windows 2000 has
    >fewer pretty graphics than Windows XP.

    It will run on 128mb but not very well. More RAM is _always_ better with 2k.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend less than 512meg, but that's my opinion - I run
    1.25gig of RAM, and 2k "burns rubber" with it.

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

    Mara, Feb 8, 2004
  6. george

    Harrison Guest

    On 8 Feb 2004 16:39:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >george wrote:
    >>
    >> P3
    >> 128mb ram
    >> 13g hd
    >> which os with the above system.

    >Neither. One really wants at least 256 ram for either. Preferrably 512.
    >
    >Also, your hard drive is too small for either.

    Why the heck would a 13 gb hard drive be considered too small for
    either? That's absurd.

    Harrison, Feb 8, 2004
  7. george

    Harrison Guest

    Add another 128 and go XP

    Harrison, Feb 8, 2004
  8. george

    Craven Birds Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > On 8 Feb 2004 16:39:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    > >george wrote:
    > >>
    > >> P3
    > >> 128mb ram
    > >> 13g hd
    > >> which os with the above system.

    > >Neither. One really wants at least 256 ram for either. Preferrably 512.
    > >
    > >Also, your hard drive is too small for either.

    > Why the heck would a 13 gb hard drive be considered too small for
    > either? That's absurd.

    Lol, probably the poster has a load of ...... on his 'puter;-)
    --
    Craven Birds

    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

    Craven Birds, Feb 8, 2004
  9. george

    Boomer Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > george wrote:
    >>
    >> P3
    >> 128mb ram
    >> 13g hd
    >> which os with the above system.

    > Neither. One really wants at least 256 ram for either. Preferrably
    > 512.
    >
    > Also, your hard drive is too small for either.

    BWAHAHAHAH!!! The plagiarist fuckwit didn't have any technical info to
    plagiarise and so fucks it up.

    Boomer, Feb 8, 2004
  10. george

    philo Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > Add another 128 and go XP

    I agree...
    128megs is not enough but 256 will do the job

    Although I run both OS's on the same machine
    and don't see much of a difference between the two...
    XP seems to have a bit better memory management

    philo, Feb 9, 2004
  11. george

    george Guest

    Thanks to all for your input.
    The general concensus seems to indicate
    that an extra 128mb of ram is in order.
    I did forget to mention it's only 450mhz.
    Perhaps win98 would do?
    My finances don't allow extra ram at present.

    george, Feb 9, 2004
  12. george

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:05:14 GMT, "george" <> wrote:

    >Thanks to all for your input.
    >The general concensus seems to indicate
    >that an extra 128mb of ram is in order.
    >I did forget to mention it's only 450mhz.
    >Perhaps win98 would do?
    >My finances don't allow extra ram at present.

    Finances don't allow it??? 128 Meg is only $26.00
    http://www.memorysuppliers.com/housebrand1.html

    Unk, Feb 9, 2004
  13. george

    Billh Guest

    So it is just an allusion that I have computers with as low as Pentium 200's
    with 64 megs and 2.3 gig harddrives running Windows 2000 in my labs.

    Billh, Feb 9, 2004
  14. george

    george Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:05:14 GMT, "george" <> wrote:

    >Thanks to all for your input.
    >The general concensus seems to indicate
    >that an extra 128mb of ram is in order.
    >I did forget to mention it's only 450mhz.
    >Perhaps win98 would do?
    >My finances don't allow extra ram at present.

    Finances don't allow it??? 128 Meg is only $26.00
    http://www.memorysuppliers.com/housebrand1.html

    Don't know where are,but here in OZ it's more than that.

    george, Feb 9, 2004
  15. george

    george Guest

    "george" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks to all for your input.
    > The general concensus seems to indicate
    > that an extra 128mb of ram is in order.
    > I did forget to mention it's only 450mhz.
    > Perhaps win98 would do?
    > My finances don't allow extra ram at present.

    XP will still run. Read this and ignore the trash and tripe you've been
    told:

    http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/performance.html

    Thanks K-man.
    I thought as much,probably run a little slower than normal.

    george, Feb 9, 2004
  16. george

    Kevin Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:05:14 GMT, "george" <> wrote:

    >The general concensus seems to indicate
    >that an extra 128mb of ram is in order.

    Good idea, I'm using XP Pro with 256 megs of RAM. It's not exctly
    speedy but it works.

    >I did forget to mention it's only 450mhz.

    My machine is K63-450 and it works.

    >Perhaps win98 would do?

    Dear god no, unless you actually like the BSOD. I have a notebook with
    98 on it and the thing crashes a lot, XP doesn't.

    >My finances don't allow extra ram at present.

    Really? RAM isn't actually badly priced, at the moment. When I doubled
    my RAM, from 128 to 256 MB it cost me about £40 and I didn't really go
    for the cheapest.

    --
    Kevin

    Kevin, Feb 9, 2004
  17. george

    Socket Guest

    I ordered 2 sticks of 128M per $26 form http://www.memorysuppliers.com
    They sent me 2 sticks of 64M RAM
    The ridiculous stuff was that every stick had label 128M.
    I understand that it was intention to fraud.
    They do not return money for shipment or custom fee (I am in Canada) I paid,
    if I send RAM back, even it is them scam or mistake.

    I do not advise to buy anything
    from http://www.memorysuppliers.com
    Any question ask…

    Socket, Mar 7, 2004