XP PRO on domain question

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. Can anybody help me with a problem I deal with on a regular basis at work?
    The problem has to do with XP Prof machines joined to a Win2k server Active
    Directory domain. The PC is joined to the domain for what seems quite a
    while and then all of a sudden one day the PC just creates another user
    account with the domain appended to it. under C:/Documents and Settings

    For example just had this happen the other day. I have a domain user account
    named FIP that has the password saved so they don't have to change it ( i
    know not safe but there is a certificate issue on the side and keeping the
    same password keeps the certificate working)

    Anyways

    The PC has worked for a long time, it's user account under Documents and
    Settings was listed as
    FIP
    The other day the PC decides to make a new user account called
    FIP.RVFBANK
    with nothing in it of course and now everytime the user logs into the PC it
    uses the settings and documents contained within FIP.RVFBANK instead of the
    FIP account like it had forever before this happened.

    Any thoughts? It's really irritating and plagued me for awhile. I'd like to
    figure it out and make it so that doesn't happen anymore.

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006

  2. by the way RVFBANK is the name of our domain

    Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Keith, I hope this will clear up your questions and resolve you issue.
    http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.co...p-local-user-profiles-domain-environment.html

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 19, 2006
  4. you are good! Thanks again Maybe it will be a merry christmas! ;)

    Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006
  5. Always here to help you! Good Luck!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood